Couple questions

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
Dave1776
Tracker

Couple questions

Post by Dave1776 »

Hi All

Just got this game the other day so still learning things but moving along pretty well even got a Bear and a few Moose & Bison.

Anyways a few questions

I ask this as some games off steam allow for offline playing and I was wondering is COTW a game that can be played off line or is a net connection required to play it?

The compass see image and for the sake of argument the wind cone is going directly to the South OK but the when I snapped this the wind just would not shift so lets just say the cone of from the South directly.

With you in the center is the Cone indicating that the wind is going north coming in from the South like an arrow in which the wind is coming.

OR is the wind coming from the North blowing South as though someone is blowing where the wind would spread out the further it gets?

Next question relates to the purple areas on the map. From what I have seen this indicates that an animal has died there. Scenario from yesterday in fact I was out in the Lakes Map and hunting a moose. I know I hit the dang thing as there was blood along the entire trail. I finally ran out of time as had to go out. Before I left though I did take one more shot at a moose I spotted thinking it might be the one I had been trailing being I had seen no other animals along my trail.

When I returned there were a few things going on I need answers to.
  • The map in the area I shot the last moose in was now purple it was normal color before I left. Going back into this are unsure where the moose died while I was away would the carcass be located in the middle of this purple area or just somewhere within it?
  • Secondly I was out for maybe 2 hours or so. Would I still be able to go back to hunt the carcass down or does it go away or become unfindable after a set amount of time?
  • I know I asked this next question regarding Classic but would COTW be the same. Where I could not find this moose and apparently he did die does this effect me in the game such as ranking or points or anything? I know I was on his trail just could not catch up to him/her before it died as just ran out of time!
Next question relates to Lakes Vs Hirschfelden in Hirschfelden when you are tracking animals the trail is blue. But in Lakes it is not it's all white and you have to look at the tracks to see what animal you are following. Is this the way it is suppose to be or is this a bug? Reason I ask this is in this game animals will travel in herds so it is very possible to lose a trail if it is a herd and the tracks get all crossed over which I have seen. So just curious if this is a bug or the way it is suppose to be.

The last is for you techies out there.

My system meets or beats all game requirements EXCEPT the video card This is from steam

My system consists of

Win 10
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU@ 2.40GHz
RAM 16GB
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4700
1T drive and plenty of disk space left!

Now I assume as always unsure of this part but that the Processor is fine being the minimum is i3 and mines and i7.

Now video cardwise I know I play a number of other games that require Nvidia but I play the game just fine, but perhaps COTW might be more picky as I notice I tend to run in slow motion takes forever to get anywhere and still have to get a few of the DLC's including the ATV but just tight budget at the moment (Yes I know only $3.99 but had to get a new external drive also so busted my limited budget being I also bought COTW the other day as well)

Now I have talked to the wife and we agreed next summer I will replace this laptop so at that point going to go with a more gaming style laptop but until them am stuck with this thing. I have tried running Razor Cortex to check my FPS and boost where I can and seems in game I get a mere 12-14 FPS which is horrible I know. I have set all my power settings to performance and tweaked what I could but is there any way to boost the FPS at all so that way I do not feel like the Bionic man running in slow motion HA HA

By the way also running in low graphics quality in game!

Or is this a known bug in the game? Watching others videos they seem to run or walk just fine but I have also seem a number of pages where users are having the same issue so unsure if it is a known bug that effects some users or if it's just my system causing this. I have to assume the later but.....

Thanks in Advance!
Dave1776
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Re: Couple questions

Post by DarkHunterXX »

I can give you an answer on your second problem (the 12-14fps problem)
you have indeed an intel core i7 which should be able to run the game.
But that graphics card you have is an integrated graphics card, which means it's actually the processor which also has a small graphical chip in it.
Those chips are most of the times just horrible for doing any new games.

The system requirements are minimum a Nvidia GTX 660 for the gpu, which is a dedicated videocard.
most graphics cards, even the old ones will always be better than an integrated video card.
If you really want to play those new games you should really have a better pc / laptop which has a dedicated video card in it, and not an integrated one.

here is, for example, a comparison between a HD graphics 4600 (a little bit older than yours, but almost equally performing) and a GTX 660.
http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.ph ... ce-gtx-660

Just check the numbers, the ones from the 660 are way and way better than the HD 4600.
So it's not the game , but just your laptop which is not powerfull enough.

If you want to upgrade your system I would recommend buying a desktop pc instead of a laptop.
1: the gaming / high end laptops are way expensiver than a good gaming pc.
2: in a desktop pc you can upgrade components which in a laptop is in most cases not possible.
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

By doing some research on google,
If you shoot with a gun the map goes purple, in that area you most likely won't see any animals the next few hours/minutes because you just made a gunshot which spooked all the animals in it.
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
Dave1776
Tracker

Post by Dave1776 »

DarkHunterXX wrote:I can give you an answer on your second problem (the 12-14fps problem)
you have indeed an intel core i7 which should be able to run the game.
But that graphics card you have is an integrated graphics card, which means it's actually the processor which also has a small graphical chip in it.
Those chips are most of the times just horrible for doing any new games.

The system requirements are minimum a Nvidia GTX 660 for the gpu, which is a dedicated videocard.
most graphics cards, even the old ones will always be better than an integrated video card.
If you really want to play those new games you should really have a better pc / laptop which has a dedicated video card in it, and not an integrated one.

here is, for example, a comparison between a HD graphics 4600 (a little bit older than yours, but almost equally performing) and a GTX 660.
http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.ph ... ce-gtx-660

Just check the numbers, the ones from the 660 are way and way better than the HD 4600.
So it's not the game , but just your laptop which is not powerfull enough.

If you want to upgrade your system I would recommend buying a desktop pc instead of a laptop.
1: the gaming / high end laptops are way expensiver than a good gaming pc.
2: in a desktop pc you can upgrade components which in a laptop is in most cases not possible.
Hi

Thanks for the feedback. yeah this is what I thought but figured couldn't hurt to ask. The one I will get next summer will be NVidea equipped for sure I just bought this system before I was playing online games so did not think about the card when I bought it.

And will have to stick with laptop as we travel A LOT that is why my at home budget is so small cause we use a lot of the funds for traveling so laptop is what I have been on for over 10 years now. One I was looking at was around $1100 or so with the NVideo card in it and such. Was also toying with a Quad processor but all depends on the pricing at that time which can always come down in 9-10 months time frame plus will also be during back to school sales and so could always have some sales at the time. But unlike this one that one will be game geared to better handle games even when on the road!

For the time being I guess will have to play as Steve Austin the Bionic Man HA HA Will at least get the ATV that should help cut down on time between points.

Thanks Again!
Dave1776
Dave1776
Tracker

Post by Dave1776 »

DarkHunterXX wrote:By doing some research on google,
If you shoot with a gun the map goes purple, in that area you most likely won't see any animals the next few hours/minutes because you just made a gunshot which spooked all the animals in it.
Yeah could be as I was just checking this thread out on Steam and seems that's the case though as was pointed out is a bit strange since it does not appear when you shoot the gun so in some ways sort of strange feature maybe it needs tweaking or better explaining or something?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/d ... 492916343/
Dave1776
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

your gpu is not really cut out for it.call of the wild is one of the highest spec games available.
Dave1776
Tracker

Post by Dave1776 »

Weird part is it just seems to be the running and walking aspect of the game. I broke down and got the ATV DLC today as was frustrated having to take forever to get places and WOW the ATV just flies around the map I mean what use to take me 30-45 minutes takes about 5 minutes now that's if I don't care about blowing up the ATV HA HA with care to save it from blowing up on me might take me 10 minutes tops if I take the roads a bit faster. and that's a decent distance too!!

Makes me wonder if it is something to do with the walk run aspects and how the systems handling those as compared to the ATV?!?!?
Dave1776

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”