Medved-Taiga impressions

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
knott
Outfitter

Medved-Taiga impressions

Post by knott »

Absolutely glorious on my 4K OLED. I get a lot of posterization on the night sky not sure what to blame here though. I do suspect it might be I am forced to run 8-bit colour and 4:2 for some reason or it´s something else.

It´s just 21:30 o´clock but night hunting has never been easier. Snow is so reflective it´s often better to turn the flashlight off. And the OLED contrast is pretty much endless which I am not used to since the CRT days.

It would be nice if level cap would be lifted or you could create an alter ego character so you don´t have to spend so much if you want to switch direction of your character.
knott
Outfitter

Re: Medved-Taiga impressions

Post by knott »

Managed to enable RGB will see if it helps when night approaches next time. One thing for sure it takes a beast of a computer to run this game fluid in 3840x2160. My X 1080ti is not cutting it with maxed out settings. I get fps over 30 generally don´t see below 35 fps but it´s all but smooth. Playable but not more.

So much more to explore but I do recon this is the reserve I will spend the most time in. Also has the bear AI been tuned to be more aggressive. I had a standing bear quite a bit away standing. Shot him in the chest. Quite confident it was a vital I dropped the gun and started walking but then realized he went into charge mode. Used to them running when being so far away when shot.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

try and find a cfg setting for your tv.tv looks can change so much better when you find them.there are many sites that are dedicated to tv config set ups and can transform the picture.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I watched Ron McTubes video in 4K. Not impressed. Still looks like Cabelas' with the skeleton thing. And animals just hang around after a shot is fired? C'mon. You fans go ahead and enjoy it. Not for me.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

same it looks sounds and plays really good but its just too arcade for my liking
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

I think the animal reactions is more realistic then the Hunter Classic. Going by real hunting videos. I mean not even humans always run when being shot upon and always realize exactly where you are? In classic it´s the same reaction every single time. For me reindeer spook more often then not though but so far I don´t seem to aim right for them hardly ever drop on the spot :(. More luck with moose.

As for the banding still there. It´s twice the area of the 35" ultrawide I got and I can see tendencies there when looking for it too so it´s maybe just how it´s. Hasn´t really noticed it otherwise on the OLED but I generally don´t watch movies from the PC input as that is not all that reliable for a reference picture. I guess I should run 1080p as well as I then can run 12-bit colours but it looks horrible on such media. Really love the contrast which give an incredible sense of depth but tbh I don´t think I can deal with the sluggishness in the long run. Gotta save 4K the Hunter for next generation GPUs for this title and it´s still gorgeous on the 35" ultrawide :)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

The Taiga seems pretty empty as far a animals. Loads of moose though once you find any. Most resting and feeding places I find are for moose.

Been looking for wild boar on both southern maps to complete missions and found zero tracks. This is far from arcade for sure.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I watched Ron McTubes video in 4K. Not impressed. Still looks like Cabelas' with the skeleton thing. And animals just hang around after a shot is fired? C'mon. You fans go ahead and enjoy it. Not for me.
Stan lots of animals I have shot at don't go far. If they can't work out where the noise is coming from and can't see you. They shuffle around nervously... usually until one of them in the group decides to bolt and then the others will follow. Sometimes even towards you!!
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

HooCairs wrote:The Taiga seems pretty empty as far a animals. Loads of moose though once you find any. Most resting and feeding places I find are for moose.

Been looking for wild boar on both southern maps to complete missions and found zero tracks. This is far from arcade for sure.

Isn't that a good thing? Closer to real life? Or is that what u meant?

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i think the thing is many compare classic as it is now known with call of the wild.while its natural to do so it isnt a fair comparison.

call of the wild been round for months.classic 9 years ! something will be better in classic but in call of the wild it will only improve with time. ;)

not everything has been magic or perfect in classic from the get go.so we have to allow some time for things to get better or maybe reserve judgement until you can honestly compare them both to each other.

there is also both are different games.you can enjoy whatever you like.doesn't mean different is better or worse.

some places on call of the wild there is loads of animals.some there are very little.one thing i do always find funny people mention is how easy call of the wild is in comparison to classic.yet in classic you can kill more animals per hr than you can you can in COTW. so there is obviously some things better or worse about both games. as long as they enjoyable then that's all that matters.

wild boars on Tiaga there is quite a few around the 2nd point you unlock also some of the lookout towers.

its great we have two games with theHunter brand now.it broadens the audience of the brand and brings in more players to the community. ;)

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”