New Content. what will i be?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Re: New Content. what will i be?

Post by outrider »

ronMctube wrote:im sure you will love it outrider.one of the most beautiful games ever made on full settings.does take a beefy pc though to run top settings. :D
i'm sure your right....but, my fixed income don't allow to many upgrades, very often... :( ....it may take awhile to upgrade. but, i have the game when the upgrade happens..... :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

outrider wrote:it really suck how fast computers are out dated....i think it's all done on purpose :o ..... :D
Of course it's done on purpose. The alternative would be to stop researching and developing new technology which would not be very evolutionary of us. What most people have an issue with is that we, the consumer, have to fund that research and development. The good news is, if you wait 6-12 month and let those who demand leading edge technology pay the big bucks on release, you can enjoy great savings on things like computer components.

Moore's law. Some interesting reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore%27s_law
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

outrider wrote:it really suck how fast computers are out dated....i think it's all done on purpose :o ..... :D
We all feel the pain equally that's for sure. Since I started playing the Hunter I'm on my 3rd computer. This laptop I'm on now is what I started on, then had to get a bigger one- then it took a dump one day out of the blue just won't turn on so then decided on a PC again. I thought I was getting enough but it would barely even boot COTW on low settings and was just crud- so did that gfx card a few weeks ago and holy smokes! My monitor is only 60hz and can run 60fps on high - haven't tried ultra cause honestly, I don't even know what's going on with it yet but I'll give it this, it is pretty but all I can think of is- man, if only we had the same game in this environment.... it's depressing sort of- but then for me Classic looks better than it ever did being able to play maxed out smooth as butter so that was a good trade off and worth every penny I spent for the card upgrade.
But the older we are the easier it is to put it into perspective- that brand new Pentium 75mhz with 8mb of ram that cost me $2700 - I just did this on the inflation calculator $2,700 in 1993 equals $4,593.84 in 2017 So reversing that say just a desktop upgrade for a decent hotrod, $1500 today in 93' $880 ~ But to support the notion we support the R&D, we do get a lot more for our money as time goes on. if you used the price of system RAM in 93' the comp I use with 16gb would cost $688,000 today. It blows my mind :lol: ~ but man, the games today, just incredible and COTW is a pretty place when you get to see it properly and really, 4K would be the proper way so there's a lot to be discovered.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
outrider
Champion Hunter

Post by outrider »

this is my second computer since theHunter came out...and i do have another one in the living room, that i put together from parts from PC's that people throw out. i use on the big screen tv. it's not as powerful as the ones i have mainly used. one day i'll have a better rig. so as it says in my sig...."I shall Endeavor to Persevere."..... :D

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Winter is coming. Please shock us with VR support.
outrider
Champion Hunter

Post by outrider »

caledonianblues wrote:
Of course it's done on purpose. The alternative would be to stop researching and developing new technology which would not be very evolutionary of us. What most people have an issue with is that we, the consumer, have to fund that research and development. The good news is, if you wait 6-12 month and let those who demand leading edge technology pay the big bucks on release, you can enjoy great savings on things like computer components.

Moore's law. Some interesting reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore%27s_law
yep,....the knowledge of things to come, is already known by few.....they just release a little at a time. that way people will have to pay out more money over longer time, every time new stuff is released... :roll:

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”