THEHUNTER: COTW - Coming to Consoles in 2017!

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
knott
Outfitter

Re: THEHUNTER: COTW - Coming to Consoles in 2017!

Post by knott »

\m/ wrote:Thc is not a better simulation, but has a much much better gameplay ..my opinion, no offence.
Yeah no offense that somebody feels it´s a better game or better gameplay is easier to understand then a deeper simulation.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

This has really nothing to do with understanding “a deeper simulation“, its more about the feeling of the gameplay. (Im pretty sure my IQ is high enough to understand a sim)
Smooth gameplay for endless hours of fun is a very important part in a game, for me is cotw very disappointing at this point.
Feels simple said boring and has to arcade gameplay-feeling (wth, even a simple option to complete disable the easymeter hud is not implemented)..although its a deeper sim.

At the end both are hunting GAMES.
Thc could need an graphic and ai-overhowl, cotw could need many functions/mechanics/options (truracs, trophyshots, blind, disabled hud etc) which are loved in thc.
Last edited by Hawkeye on March 30th, 2017, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: vulgarity
Now offline. Forever.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Smooth gameplay for endless hours is why I love COTW. Good there is both games so everyone is happy :D
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

To play a game of hunting with a joypad ? Do you it in Thehunter ? There is many FPS today in game consoles with mechanisms of "assistantship" to aim. It is not what I look for. But I can understand AS and EW want to make business. For console it already exists :

- hunters trophy (xbox 360)
- Remington super slam hunting ( wii)
- cabela big game hunter (xbox 360)
- Cabela's hunting serie
- the hunt
etc.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

You can disable aim assist. Honestly I am not sure COTW have aim assist on gamepad? I don´t believe it has.
I am curious I like to try it all but I am preferring mouse/keyboard. It´s the most arcade option. Easiest to aim I do sacrifice a bit in stealth since I lack an analogue control for my movement. An idea was if you could map joystick axes to movement then I could use my pedals but it would probably feel weird :)

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”