Zaggidk's CotW Youtube videos

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
Zaggidk
Tracker

Re: Zaggidk's CotW Youtube videos

Post by Zaggidk »

So except this shotgun has personalty issues, and thinks it's a rifle, it seems alright, can't wait till I actually get slugs to get to do some proper testing with it, as of right now, with buckshots and it's rewarding the wrong xp.. I really dont see much use of it unfortunatly (dunno if they fixed it in the patch?)

But i'm currently left with a feeling that shotguns at the moment seems a little, useless in this game, as there is no birds etc to shoot, and buckshots only gives some integrity on 3 animals.. What is the point soon? What do you guys think?
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Slugs and pigs is where it is at I believe but they make it incredibly tough to get there. I don´t know why they are trying to get hunters away from the shotgun so much? It does perform okay for deer but of course it´s much easier to just get them with a rifle and you could as well get them with the bow so yeah it takes a ton of grinding before you can get them really useful. I also haven´t figured out how you are getting good xps. I dont know if I ever seen a shotgun score over 35. You can aim perfectly well but since the buckets spread you get a lot of flesh shots which seem to substract from the score. It´s not uncommon that I get 1 or 2 xp for a shotgun kill. And 35 it´s an absolute splendid shot but I still need to track them more often then not :p

Patch 1.3 now hopefully they have realized the errors in their way and adjusted both the pump shotgun rifle skill bug and that I get my rifle hits shown as shotgun hits (but still get xp for rifle not shotgun). That would been an incredible pleasant bug if I indead would get shotgun xp as I have no use for rifle XP since some 60h back.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

my prayers is answered! I get shotgun xp for whitlock 86 with hollow point ammo :D
Zaggidk
Tracker

Post by Zaggidk »

knott wrote:my prayers is answered! I get shotgun xp for whitlock 86 with hollow point ammo :D
Thanks for the tip! :)
all credit to you for this one! :D
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

After grinding for I don´t know how loing I unlocked the last 300 within an hour :p

Hope they don´t fix it anytime soon I want to unlock the reflex site as well! Very very effective against black bear at close range. Got liver, left and right lung on first attempt. Looses penetration fast with distance as expected but lethal when used right :)
Zaggidk
Tracker

Post by Zaggidk »

Here we go, slug has been unlocked, but there will be no need for using buckshots ever again..
Zaggidk
Tracker

Post by Zaggidk »

Part 2 of the slug hunt! And my aiming hasn't gotten better at all! :P Major moose though!
Zaggidk
Tracker

Post by Zaggidk »

Here is my take on the Beginners Guide Competition, hope you like it! :)
Zaggidk
Tracker

Post by Zaggidk »

Zaggidk
Tracker

Post by Zaggidk »

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”