TheHunter (classic) players What is your appreciation of this new game ?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
knott
Outfitter

Re: TheHunter (classic) players What is your appreciation of this new game ?

Post by knott »

\m/ wrote:Graphics are better, thats one point for cotw.
Yes graphics, Sneaking, wind simulation, ai particularly how they reactivate to the player and call, maps is a best of the Hunter classic and at max settings foliage is more of an issue then in classic.

Missions are better but the change is only the voice over it would be charming with some movie sequences mixed in and its essentiella the regards are actually worth it.

Cotw is great if you want a deeper simulation. As you unlock perks it may turn more arcade like classic but its your option. It would be cool if you at some point could reset your character to build another.
AmbushPredator
Scout

Post by AmbushPredator »

knott wrote:
\m/ wrote:Cotw is great if you want a deeper simulation. As you unlock perks it may turn more arcade like classic but its your option. It would be cool if you at some point could reset your character to build another.
Isn't that what happens when you select 'new game' from the main menu?
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

But then you start from scratch want to reassign my skill points and keep my career.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Selecting "New game" resets map and missions afaik, but your skill points, experience points etc. stay. You can start over completely by disabling "Steam Cloud synchronization" in the game properties and deleting the savegame folder, but then you'll lose every progress, including game and keyboard settings. There's no way to re-assign skill points at the moment unless someone has found the Potion of Clearance somewhere.
Image Image Image
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Am I free to reassign all skill points I earned?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

knott wrote:Am I free to reassign all skill points I earned?
No, there's nothing like this at the moment. If you delete your savegame, you'll completely start over with a new hunter. no points. zero. nada. Whereas (in my experience) if you start a "New game", the missions and maps will be reset, but you'll keep your XP points and skills. Maybe they'll change this with new patches, who knows...
Image Image Image
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

officialwafflez wrote:Visually great, gunplay great, A.I. horrible, Why not just buy big game hunter? It is the most un-challenging hunting game i've ever played. Needs a hardcore mode. Also the animals take shots like a 20 year alcoholic.
'20 year old alcoholic', possibly the best description I've ever heard, either that or the hit boxes are rubbish, just like the hunter, not that this game is connected in any way :roll:
dannel02

Post by dannel02 »

I really miss the old maps and would love to see them in the new game, like redone, it would make the game better.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

dannel02 wrote:I really miss the old maps and would love to see them in the new game, like redone, it would make the game better.
But they are in the new game. It´s pretty awesome when you discover an area you recognized as it should have been rendered in the Classic.

I am hoping they will continue the trend with upcoming maps :)
Sqwertle
Tracker

Post by Sqwertle »

Yeah, I'd love to see Whitehart or Settlers, even Redfeather. I like how they take liberties though and expand them, make them bigger etc as well as the fantastic new graphics.

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”