Introducing theHunter: Call of the Wild

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Introducing theHunter: Call of the Wild

Post by Alena Rybik »

TheColton wrote:To tell the truth, i'm not sure what to think about it, but for now i'm more worried than excited about this. Some of my random thoughts:

- they cant tell me that it doesnt affect the hunter classic in some kind of negative way, it looks like a huge project and if you dont double the team in some positions,
there must be slower progression for the classic version

- its kind of a weird feeling that the team we thought is working there butts off to get rid of bugs in the classic game during the last months were actually working on such a huge
side project instead
There have been two separate teams working on both games; it is impossible to create a game of theHunter: Call of the Wild scale with the resources with have working on theHunter Classic right now, within the time span of two years ;)
TheColton wrote:- what if its a success and lots of players will leave the classic game...will it slowly be abandoned
I definitely hope it will be a success but I also hope theHunter Classic won't get abandoned, and I will do everything in my powers for this not to happen, theHunter Classic is a brilliant game and I have high hopes (and tender feelings) for it :)
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Alena,

I signed up for the drawing for the closed beta, but neglected to click on the 'system requirements' beforehand. Can you tell me what they are, please? Also, stupid question. This is the only game I play...so I have no clue...what is a DLC pack?

My first thought: What a sneaky way to make everyone use Steam :lol:
DLC stands for DownLoadable Content. Basically you pay let's say $50 for the game, and anytime they add a new map, features, or something, they will charge you let's say $15 to download the new content to your game.
gunrangejohn
Outfitter

Post by gunrangejohn »

wow looks amazing
Kaii
Tracker

Post by Kaii »

This looks BRILLIANT! I can't wait for this, stunning, well done.

I cannot beg you enough. PLEASE put VR on the table. Maybe not for launch but just do it. You are all about immersion, VR will be your biggest market. Just make the decision now devs. Say "yes, we will make VR one day, guaranteed". You know it's the right thing to do.

I am a medium sized youtuber, so I will certainly get you plenty of sales with my footage :)
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

I am looking forward to playing that new game in 2025 or so :D Because I don't think I will be able to afford PC powerful enough to run it any soon :D But... it looks nice ;-) I just hope that one day I will be able to play it. And that you won't abandon it as soon as Primal. And I don't think you will, but money, they are powerful.

And btw, I dont like remarking old tH as Classic. Why couldn't it just stay as it is? New game has sub-title, so no problem here ;-) tbh if you just leave it as it is, it would feel like new game kind of evolved from the old one, or like the old one is it't mother if you will. If you re-name old game to theHunter Classic, IMO it feels like they share something, but who knows what it is.

And the last point: TBH I dont really care if you abandon old game or not. But if you plan to do, please, leave it aviable as long as you can, and as finished as it can be ;-)

The motto of this period of time in tH history should be something like "theHunter: Expanding monopoly" :D jk :D

PS: PLease dont call it classic.
Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

Ehm... I just woke up and I'm not sure about the things I'm seeing... reality or still an impossible dream?
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

WOW this is really a big announcment! And tbh the first one after tH:Primal and tH Legends that caught my interest.

The gfx looks really impressive in the trailer and for me the most important news is that tH classic will stay alive!

If tH CotW get me hooked mostly depends on the gameplay and the KI/AI of the animals. IMHO its really hard to get this right and seeing the way most of all games go (make it as easy that the untalented players have fun) i doubt atm that this will be my go to game but at the end thats not a problem for ew because i will buy it anyway :-P ;-)

What attract me in tH classic is the endless learning curve and the very deep gameplay/mechanic. The buisness model with DLCs is imho a way to create a hype and then play it for 20-100 hours and then be done. To get the buisness model work like it is in tH classic you have to have a game that attracts players for a long time with DLCs thats not as essential imo.

But time will tell and i really hope to be part of the CB team.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I can't open the link. :(
I got this error in Chrome:
"The news.thehunter.com page isn’t working

news.thehunter.com didn’t send any data."
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Lawger
Hunter

Post by Lawger »

Very exciting! I'll be signing up for the beta ASAP. I love The Hunter, but for various reasons it gets less and less play time from me. It's the best hunting game out there, but with the dated technology and being very "same same but different" when it comes to updates, it's just not as exciting as it used to be 5-6 years ago. The new game looks beautiful, and I have high hopes you guys will be able to make it into something truly great (just hoping it won't get too arcady if it's supposed to appeal to the masses). Like a lot of other people I'm feeling just a tiny bit saddened by the possibility of all my investments into Classic becoming obsolete, but it's just a matter of time anyway since no game can live forever. Hopefully the new release will allow EW to grow and support both games as long as it makes sense to do so.
Alena Rybik wrote:theHunter: Call of the Wild is a separate, stand-alone game, so there will be no direct transfer of usernames, stats or such from theHunter Classic. We of course are discussing loyalty options for theHunter Classic players to thank you for all the years of support, nothing is set in stone yet but we will keep you updated!
Some cosmetic stuff I hope, like premium weapons and clothing. Something to tell other people that this is a seasoned veteran hunter, but not something that offers a real advantage in the game. Maybe divide the veterans stuff into tiers based on how many years a player has been with The Hunter? People, like me :geek: , who's been with the game since we only had one reserve and three animals might deserve a little more stuff than people who only just started playing a short time ago ;)
therisths
Hunter

Post by therisths »

The hunter : call of the wild means : Reality. All we have to do is to be patient.

I wonder if its gonna be like the hunter as it is now or its about to be like Primal. I mean, we are going to pay all the way long for equipment etc or its a full buy game?
Last edited by therisths on November 28th, 2016, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”