Introducing theHunter: Call of the Wild

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Re: Introducing theHunter: Call of the Wild

Post by ehr_kimahn »

RMWolf wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:Please keep this topic about Call of the Wild. Primal has it's own sub-forum here. Thank you!
You're right I'm sorry. And ehr_kimahn is right also, I just got the error of rifle scope but only with the caliber .50, no more discussionss here of Primal
I understand, I was only explaining why I will not buy Call of the Wild, while I enjoy TheHunter, because of the non respect of Avalanche Studio and Expansive worlds for Primal players who bought the game.
Wolftracker
Spotter

Post by Wolftracker »

We all have our fears, hopes and Dreams for this game, and it is inevitable that a few of us will get very disappointed and a few will get very happy. Hopefully most of us will at least be content with the new games features.

But until it is released, or until we see Review copies of the finished Product on Youtube all we have are hopes and Dreams (and fears). We can debate this this over and over but me myself I will wait with making up my mind about this game until later.

Peace! ;)

Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

I will most certainly purchase this game as most of the regular players here will. I don`t know if there will be whole new reserves or the same ones as in the Classic, but for 29,90 EUR/$ I`ll give it a go..and will probably make couple of videos as well..:roll:

p.s. I am pretty sure if you manage to build-in some kind of vocal communication between players it will be a game-changer. Typing during the hunt is not very amusing..
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Hype died already? How is the user interface done? I am looking for clues if there may be vr optimizations.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

knott wrote:Hype died already? How is the user interface done? I am looking for clues if there may be vr optimizations.
The beta is over and all is probably said for now. Don't expect a lot of action in here unless new information is coming in... If you want to see the user interface I can recommend the many community pictures posted and videos linked to in this subforum or just a quick search for "the hunter cotw" on youtube.
Image Image Image
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

Ludante wrote:p.s. I am pretty sure if you manage to build-in some kind of vocal communication between players it will be a game-changer. Typing during the hunt is not very amusing..
This. Also if they could do it to the hunter classic, that would be great as well. Even something as simple as what Realflight 7.5 has should work perfect. Press v and your microphone is turned on. Press it again and it turns it off. It would be quite simple really.
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

This has probably been asked already, and if it has I am sorry to ask it again. But do you think COTW will have competitions? If not I might not even bother spending the money on it. Also one other thing. I watched some betas of it, and it seems they are pretty much copying Cabelas pro hunts. I have that game and rarely play it. Too arcadish for me. I will agree though, that the graphics seem stunning.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

walt133 wrote:This has probably been asked already, and if it has I am sorry to ask it again. But do you think COTW will have competitions? If not I might not even bother spending the money on it. Also one other thing. I watched some betas of it, and it seems they are pretty much copying Cabelas pro hunts. I have that game and rarely play it. Too arcadish for me. I will agree though, that the graphics seem stunning.
I only saw competitions that can be started in-game. Wasn't clear how they are supposed to work, but some Steam friends appeared that I could complete with. Server based competitions like we have them in Classic were not available during beta. There is no server storing results or managing leaderboards.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
PicSoul
Hunter

Post by PicSoul »

After playing the beta for 55 hours I'm already in love with CoTW but unless there are comps and leader boards I'm afraid that most of the Classic players will not even glance in the direction of CoTW. Like I said. I'm already hooked, I just hope I'm not playing alone. A good competitive community can make or break a game like this.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Would be easy to implement leaderboards and missions. I still would like to see any kind of statement if vr implementation is in the works.

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”