2%
Audio [1 = Horrible]
1%

Total votes: 461
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Reindeer

Post by HooCairs »

Mavrx wrote:I know this is a late response but, I wasn't specific enough and meant that some model like bears could be better.
This is off topic, but I have very high expectations of the new grizzly. Color, eye size, proportions, fur. Please EW not another plush bear!
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

I love them. Really. ;) I agree with all this statements, that they are probably one of the best made animals in this game, when it comes to their appearance. They look very realistic. Animations are rather fine too. :)

When it comes to antlers... I don't really see reason to complain. I suppose that subspecies creating "Caribou" variant may grow larger antlers by avarage, but I think that for European subspecies, dwelling in Scandinavia, current variation is quite all right. This may be also only deer species in the game, with high scoring antlers still look natural. But I wouldn't mind if for some new map, inspired by North Canada perhaps (since we have already Alaksa without them) Devs would give us Caribou, with would slightly differ from European Reindeers.

I have only one doubt - but this is not critic by any mean. On all IRL photos I've saw, there is only one first palm developed fully, and placed along the longitudinal axis of a skull. First palm on a second antler is usualy underdeveloped. Hence my doubt - do such big, equaly developed, wide spread first palms as we have in-game (for high scoring animals) occurs in nature? Just my curiousity.

EDIT: I was thinking mainly about bulls. I believe that difference between males and females is slightly exagerated for gameplay purposes and females indeed posses semewhat distinctively smaller antlers, while in nature while males can have larger antlers by avarage, they do not differ so much in "design", so to speak.

Normal AI, I consider to be avarage. I don't mean it is bad in any way, but from my perspective do not differ in any special way from other deers. When it comes to their special AI - migration... Well, maybe this is even realistic. But for gameplay purposes, they realy could roam slightly slower. Or at least do some longer stops to feed. If one have not been lucky to cross a tracks of just passed herd, you have almost no chances to catch up with them not using fast travel. IRL one can be motorised in one way or another, and dispose really vast distances, to catch up with animals, or even go ahead of them and wait. You can also track a herd for several days, and so on. But in-game this is more difficult. This is still great fun to hunt them in-game, and I like the challenge. But from other hand, this is quite annoying, that I need to run after them, spooking all along the way, to catch up with a bull with might not be even worth of the effort. ;P And this will only work, if tracks are fresh.
FOCRJ
Spotter

Post by FOCRJ »

I did not catch the reindeer but I think the type of migration was very good !!!
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Favorite deer species in the game, very unique hunting style, very rewarding for track/roam hunters.

Also by far the biggest antlers in the game going for a potential 740 points.
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

I love them but broken palms make me so sad :(
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Brutus969 wrote:I love them but broken palms make me so sad :(
Don't worry! The developers said that the bug is getting higher and higher priority to be fixed! :D

Return to “Animal Reviews”