Post by HooCairs »

How do you rate Canada Goose

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
DerrickDude
Tracker

Re: Canada Goose

Post by DerrickDude »

Need to return the volume back to higher levels. Geese are loud in real life and can be heard up to a mile and a half away on a calm day. Geese flying overhead should be heard before they are seen, not the other way around like it is now.

Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

DerrickDude wrote:Need to return the volume back to higher levels. Geese are loud in real life and can be heard up to a mile and a half away on a calm day. Geese flying overhead should be heard before they are seen, not the other way around like it is now.
I disagree. When louder they are to much of an annoyance when you're hunting anything but geese on HF.
Unlike RB people don't just go there for waterfowl.
DerrickDude
Tracker

Post by DerrickDude »

Prinz1989 wrote:
DerrickDude wrote:Need to return the volume back to higher levels. Geese are loud in real life and can be heard up to a mile and a half away on a calm day. Geese flying overhead should be heard before they are seen, not the other way around like it is now.
I disagree. When louder they are to much of an annoyance when you're hunting anything but geese on HF.
As IRL. People cry about realism in the game but only when it suits their personal wants in the game. I deal with the sound of geese IRL on just about every hunt I go on. I can't turn them off when I am not hunting them IRL just because they are annoying....

Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

DerrickDude wrote:
Prinz1989 wrote:
As IRL. People cry about realism in the game but only when it suits their personal wants in the game. I deal with the sound of geese IRL on just about every hunt I go on. I can't turn them off when I am not hunting them IRL just because they are annoying....
Well IRL there aren't that many canada geese in Germany to begin with. Living in rural parts of Germany you might not see/hear wild geese all year. So most of the time it is pretty unrealistic and annoying to hear the geese all the time while hunting the German reserve. I think they are in a good spot were they are now.
DerrickDude
Tracker

Post by DerrickDude »

Prinz1989 wrote:
DerrickDude wrote:
Prinz1989 wrote:
Well IRL there aren't that many canada geese in Germany to begin with. Living in rural parts of Germany you might not see/hear wild geese all year. So most of the time it is pretty unrealistic and annoying to hear the geese all the time while hunting the German reserve. I think they are in a good spot were they are now.
Well then we can cordially agree to disagree. ;)

mikeman1
Scout

Post by mikeman1 »

[quote= I disagree. When louder they are to much of an annoyance when you're hunting anything but geese on HF.
Unlike RB people don't just go there for waterfowl.[/quote]

How about a happy medium? They are definitely far too low for those of us who hunt geese. I also agree with you that they used to be annoying when hunting other species, as I often do. However, now they are too low and it is affecting the quality of play for the paying customers who hunt geese. Personally, I find the squeaking and barking that roe deer make extremely annoying, but I know others enjoy hunting them so I'm not going to complain about it and demand they tone the roe deer down.

I think most goose hunters would be agreeable to turning geese up just a little more so that we can hear them coming before its too late, which is the problem now. Turning the volume down so that you can't hunt them effectively because someone doesn't like the sound is more than a minor annoyance, it is unfair.
Code: Select all

Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

mikeman1 wrote: "I disagree. When louder they are to much of an annoyance when you're hunting anything but geese on HF.
Unlike RB people don't just go there for waterfowl."

How about a happy medium? They are definitely far too low for those of us who hunt geese. I also agree with you that they used to be annoying when hunting other species, as I often do. However, now they are too low and it is affecting the quality of play for the paying customers who hunt geese. Personally, I find the squeaking and barking that roe deer make extremely annoying, but I know others enjoy hunting them so I'm not going to complain about it and demand they tone the roe deer down.

I think most goose hunters would be agreeable to turning geese up just a little more so that we can hear them coming before its too late, which is the problem now. Turning the volume down so that you can't hunt them effectively because someone doesn't like the sound is more than a minor annoyance, it is unfair.
Well I'm not going to quit HF if the geese get louder again. If many players think they are to quiet now I'm not gonna protest it if they get loader again. I'm just happy with them as they are now. But I can see why others would think different about this.
Still with the roes you very much have to hear them in order to get them. With the geese less so. The only thing you lose is some time on the caller because you hear the geese later. But compared to the decoys the callers have a small effect, so overall you don't loose much.
Don't get me wrong I like geese and have a full setup, I just like boar and red deer as well.
And I'm not saying no to fox and roe.

Personally I could do without all the pheasant calls ;)
Wespertin
Spotter

Post by Wespertin »

I think the sound is very good now. Before, the loudness did it hard to decide where they were. Now, I turn my head in the right direction to see them coming.
As an advanced bird-watcher and amateur nature photographer, it's quite often you see them before you hear them.

Return to “Animal Reviews”