Wheres my dachshound?!

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
Shedalizzm
Tracker

Wheres my dachshound?!

Post by Shedalizzm »

I have not played thehunter classic for 1 year. I forgot that there were dogs and when i realized i got very eager and hoped maybe that after all this time my favorite real life way of hunting would finally be supported in this game.. But no, an expensive thropy viewing room and nothing else..
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Wheres my dachshound?!

Post by TreeKiwi »

Do you think this is a good way to suggest that you would like to see a Dashound in the game?

You haven't been here for a year, so were not here to suggest it? Unless you did before you left? Hence perhaps they didn't even know people would like to see one?

You mock a long long long desired addition to the game that more people have asked for than a Dashound and more people use.

You state you have just come back after a year, but have only noticed "AN expensive trophy viewing room"
In the 4ish months I have been playing I have seen:

Two trophy lodges... with some nice adjustments having been made along the months.

Two new guns, HMR and the 10ga shotgun.

Functional Sunglasses

Camo face masks

Backpacks

Preditor decoys

And now a soon to be released new species.

So only a longer playing person could tell you what you missed out on the other 8 months.

Suggestions are a great idea, I don't know much about the mentioned dog... but going about it the way you have done won't get any positive responses and it shows a lack of respect.

Happy hunting

TK
Last edited by Tanngnjostr on August 21st, 2017, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed inflammatory remark
Anacrote

Post by Anacrote »

I agree with Kiwi. Also isn't the Dachshund mainly used to flush out burrow dwelling animals in hunts? So to bring the dogs to their true potential that would have to be implemented as a new game mechanic as well.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

I'm kinda surprised, since after all, it is all about you...
Personal Bests...
Shedalizzm
Tracker

Post by Shedalizzm »

TreeKiwi wrote:Do you think this is a good way to suggest that you would like to see a Dashound in the game?

You haven't been here for a year, so were not here to suggest it? Unless you did before you left? Hence perhaps they didn't even know people would like to see one?

You mock a long long long desired addition to the game that more people have asked for than a Dashound and more people use.

You state you have just come back after a year, but have only noticed "AN expensive trophy viewing room"
In the 4ish months I have been playing I have seen:

Two trophy lodges... with some nice adjustments having been made along the months.

Two new guns, HMR and the 10ga shotgun.

Functional Sunglasses

Camo face masks

Backpacks

Preditor decoys

And now a soon to be released new species.

So only a longer playing person could tell you what you missed out on the other 8 months.

Think before you post. Suggestions are a great idea, I don't know much about the mentioned dog... but going about it the way you have done won't get any positive responses and it shows a lack of respect and a lack of thought put into what you write.

Happy hunting

TK
I have played this game since the very beginning! I have been there for all the major updates. Me and my friend used to skype while we played singleplayer because there was no multiplayer.

As soon as dogs were released, there was alot of questions about what dogs would come in the future and what we were told was that there would be more than two breeds atleast.

I myself suggested the dachshound many times, and so many people wanted it aswell. For me, its very odd they have not yet implemented a new dog that could really change the way you can play the game and it would please so many real life hunters.

Even tho i havent played i have tried to watch the news as much as i can, and there has not been anything realy helping the game in anyway.

I love this game and allways have. I support it as much as i can and i allways answear the user surveys.

But it has not helped so i decided to make a "angry" post on this forum.
Last edited by Tanngnjostr on August 21st, 2017, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed inflammatory remark
Shedalizzm
Tracker

Post by Shedalizzm »

Anacrote wrote:I agree with Kiwi. Also isn't the Dachshund mainly used to flush out burrow dwelling animals in hunts? So to bring the dogs to their true potential that would have to be implemented as a new game mechanic as well.
Not true at all. And of course they would have to implement a new game mechanic, and theres nothing bad about that at all?

This game really gets old fast if the only thing they do is add new species and reserves all the time.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Please stay on topic, all of you. Opinions and tastes differ and there's no need to start personal attacks because of this.
Image Image Image
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Sorry! I don't think I got personal, but none the less it won't happen again!

Apologies

TK
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Shedalizzm wrote:there has not been anything realy helping the game in anyway.
Unfortunately, this is where credibility is lost on me. You've been a member of this forum for roughly five years so I assume you've played the game at least that long. There has been a lot introduced in that amount of time, an absolute lot (I'll include the release history here, for good measure -- http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Release_History). Many new maps and species are at the forefront of things released in that time, and although you don't seem to care for these, the overwhelming majority of players do and these are likely the real selling points of this game. Where you hunt and what you hunt are probably the two most important characteristics of this game, the way you hunt those animals (whether it be over bait barrels, calling into decoys, stalking with a bow or even sending out a team of dachshunds to chase it down) is only secondary. So of course those things are going to be a big deal.

With that being said, Alena herself stated within the past 6-8 months (I will find this post for you if you require it) that they have shifted their focus on this game from being all about adding new large-scale elements to improving the game they currently have (I believe her words were "deeper, not wider" but I will confirm this if I find the post). This doesn't mean that they'll stop releasing new material, as they certainly haven't, but it does mean they are trying to put more time and effort into improving the game in it's current state and adding the features that have been asked for by the majority of players. This is likely why we haven't seen any signs or hints of a new map in the near future. Like I said, they've been focusing on what the people want and even though you personally may not care about trophy rooms or easier baiting, please don't deny that they have been asked for many, many times by many, many people for many, many years. To say there hasn't really been anything added to help the game in the last several years, or even more specifically just over the last several months, is really a disservice to EW and to those who have asked for these features. To say that you have supported the game as much as you can but it hasn't helped just leaves me a bit baffled.

I for one, have never heard of anyone in-game or on this forum asking for dachshunds in my time here. While I may not have been here long, surely if it was such a demanded feature, I would have crossed paths with it at some point but I haven't. I don't deny that they, or many other breeds of dogs beyond retrievers or scent hounds, are used in various types of hunting around the world and could be an interesting addition to the game. But there are two big issues I see with them adding this breed along with any others. The first is that dogs in their current state are pretty well broken. I hold out hope that part of EW's big plans to improve the game touches on improving the dogs at some point. Retrievers teleport through blinds, get stuck on blinds, take up player space in blinds when they shouldn't, slingshot dead birds across the map, get stuck and just stand next to the dead bird on long retrieves and they often spawn in as the wrong color on multiplayer games, assuming they spawn in at all if you're not the host. Scent hounds frequently lose tracks, get stuck on the terrain occasionally if they're tracking and they also suffer from not spawning in during multiplayer games and incorrect colors. I would strongly suggest that EW work to fix these issues before even considering working on adding another dog breed. And to top it off, it appears that some of the issues with the dogs can't even be recreated on the developers end, so I'm not sure when or if we'll ever see improvement with them. The second issue is that, as mentioned, they would likely need new mechanics in order to reach their optimal usefulness. They could be told to follow tracks and flush or chase game, but I would also hope they could be used to flush animals out of burrows. No, of course a new game mechanic is never a bad thing (although you seem to have implied in your own post that none of the highly demanded mechanics or elements they've added so far have helped the game, so I'm not sure why hunting with dachshunds would suddenly be any sort of real solution besides you wanting it.) But they have said themselves they want to go "deeper, not wider" with their game. This means new mechanics for dogs will be unlikely until we, again, see any sort of improvement on our existing dogs.

I mean no disrespect by my post, honestly. But if you can say nothing they've been adding to the game has helped it, and that you're angry just because they haven't added the breed of dog you prefer, perhaps this game isn't for you. This game offers a lot of different maps, some being enormous, 39+ species (most other games I can think of max out around 10-20, if that) and many unique ways to hunt those species that we don't see in any other modern hunting game. The single element that drew me to this game more than any other element was waterfowl hunting. The only other video game in the entire world I can think of where you actively set up for and hunt waterfowl is Bird Hunter: Wild Wings Edition, and let's not even go there. If you genuinely believe this game gets old fast with everything that is currently in it, then I really don't foresee you ever being truly happy with it. If you're angry with EW's efforts (or lack thereof) in any feature that does not include a dachshund, then you should post about those items accordingly. But unfortunately your initial post has lumped them into the categories of "expensive" and "nothing else" so I'm not sure I can provide you with anymore helpful information on any of them.
Last edited by xOEDragonx on August 23rd, 2017, 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Well written! :)

Return to “Dog suggestions”