Upgrading the retriever

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
Misstik
Hunter

Upgrading the retriever

Post by Misstik »

I just have an idea, probably it will never happen but...

Why don't upgrade the retriever and add him a new fonction: pointer

The idea is when we find a track of pheasant or ptarmigan we use a new fonction with the"v" command, the dog would track the bird until he see him he could point it at few meters (5 or 10m), then we use "f" and kill the bird when he flies. We use "v" for the dog retrieves it.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Upgrading the retriever

Post by caledonianblues »

Moved to <Dog suggestions>
Dirtclod
Outfitter

Post by Dirtclod »

The simple answer is because they can sell a pointer in the future. Not being a smart a@$. Really. I just think they might have more dogs planned. :)
willybepop
Hunter

Post by willybepop »

Misstik wrote:I just have an idea, probably it will never happen but...

Why don't upgrade the retriever and add him a new fonction: pointer

The idea is when we find a track of pheasant or ptarmigan we use a new fonction with the"v" command, the dog would track the bird until he see him he could point it at few meters (5 or 10m), then we use "f" and kill the bird when he flies. We use "v" for the dog retrieves it.
I agree with you. While I believe what Dirtclod mentioned is true, I think adding the pointing function to the existing retriever would be a logical step. Gives the players who's bought the retriever a free upgrade and would encourage those who haven't bought the dog to do so.
Misstik
Hunter

Post by Misstik »

Dirtclod wrote:The simple answer is because they can sell a pointer in the future. Not being a smart a@$. Really. I just think they might have more dogs planned. :)
Yes I agree but the pointer should retrieve too, because we can't take 2 different dogs to the hunt and that would be annoying to chose between 2 dogs for the small game :(
JJ74
Tracker

Post by JJ74 »

Yes would be logical, I don't believe that there should be a different dog breed for every function in the game, then who would buy dogs?

Return to “Dog suggestions”