stay distance

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
Pittie
Hunter

stay distance

Post by Pittie »

Dear Devs :)

At the Moment the stay distance is 75 m. Please increase it a little bit, at least to 100 - 120 m.
By the way, I can't see the sense of the limit. A good dog will stay until I call him. Also if the distance is 200 m or more.
Perhaps a limit of the visible huntermate map (~250m) would be acceptable? I can whistle very loud. ;)
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: stay distance

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I agree. The way it is right now, you have to be super careful not to crouch too far when setting up for an animal you called in. You find a good spot, but it's 80 meters from where the dog is lying and suddenly your hear him approaching with his loud panting and you know that you probably will not fix the situation before the animal is gone. This is the main reason why I'm not taking the scent with me too often.

Please change it to what it was when the retrievers were introduced: 150 meters or even render range. I never understood that decrease of the "stay distance" in the first place...
Image Image Image
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

Wholeheartedly agree
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Agreed.
Today i go hunt with my dog.
But he spook one Red fox and a Reindeer!
I spot a red fox and i command my dog to stay. And i getting close to my trophy. but after a few second i see my dog is following me and my trophy is gone!
Same for reindeer!
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

It could also linked to the dog Level.
Eg: Level 1 begins with a distance of 75m, level 5 distance 80, level 10 distance 90... and so on up to level 50 distance render distance.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

To keep you informed. I asked the game-designer whether they plan to increase the stay distance. He said no, because "one could argue that bringing your dog but ordering it to stay 150 meter from you is like not bringing the dog at all". :roll: So I would not buy the scent dog again.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Return to “Dog suggestions”