Would like a command that lets me physically pet the dog.

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
inaim25

Would like a command that lets me physically pet the dog.

Post by inaim25 »

Hello friends hunters! I ask if possible add a new command, where we can providing affection the dog, as a reward your good work and as a sign of fellowship and loyalty.
best regards
Last edited by TundraPuppy on June 18th, 2016, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: clarified title

MissIcewolf
Tracker

Re: would not be bad a new command...

Post by MissIcewolf »

I would love that!
MudBug
Outfitter

Post by MudBug »

You can feed the retrievers dog treats which you can buy in the shop and it will help boost their stats a little. I cannot verify if this works on tracking dog because I have not tried it yet.
inaim25

Post by inaim25 »

MudBug wrote:You can feed the retrievers dog treats which you can buy in the shop and it will help boost their stats a little. I cannot verify if this works on tracking dog because I have not tried it yet.
if we already know, we can buy supplies for the dog in the store.... I mean, to provide affection the dog through a caress, It would be a more realistic action, and not just something so cold as to give a cookie as a reward .

BigAl
Outfitter

Re: Would like a command that lets me physically pet the dog.

Post by BigAl »

I would love to be able to pet my dogs :D
BuckshotAl - Warden
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

I would love to be able to hit my dog so he can learn from his mistakes :twisted: all jokes aside I think this could be a cool new command.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

nosnerb wrote:I would love to be able to hit my dog so he can learn from his mistakes :twisted: all jokes aside I think this could be a cool new command.
If you need to hit a dog to train it, you shouldn't be training or, for that matter, owning dogs.

Unless you meant the command to give affection would be cool, in which case I agree. But it would negate the need to buy treats for positive reinforcement.
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

caledonianblues wrote:
nosnerb wrote: all jokes aside .
If you need to hit a dog to train it, you shouldn't be training or, for that matter, owning dogs.

Unless you meant the command to give affection would be cool, in which case I agree. But it would negate the need to buy treats for positive reinforcement.
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

Games are horrible at having two different animated objects interact properly.

I don't want to pet a dog and see hand glitch through his head like our arms glitch through the stock of our rifles.

Also don't want to see the dog, or myself, magically teleport to be in the "right spot" so the animation can complete successfully.

I get that petting dogs would be nice, but it's a lot of technicalities that need to be worked out for something rather irrelevant for a hunting game.

Giving it a treat is plenty for me.

I'd rather see the dog have some more dog-like animations, such as shaking off the water after it has been swimming, or sitting down to scratch himself with the hind legs, or randomly sniffing a tree or something when he's in "free mode" and not actually tracking or retrieving. Those things would make the dog seem more alive and thus make the experience more immersive.

I love to pet a dog IRL, but in a game there's like 50 other things with the dog I would prioritize above petting.

But that's just my opinion.
inaim25

Post by inaim25 »

I completely agree with you, but I'm not asking to delete the function to give them treats our faithful friends..I suggest that is a function that complement with the other. :)
regards!

Return to “Dog suggestions”