New scent hound

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here
yazzi

New scent hound

Post by yazzi »

Wasn't sure where to post this. Sorry if its in the wrong spot.

First off let me say im REALLY glad you've added the scent hound. I wanted to get a retriever but it wouldn't track so now im happier than a pig in poopoo.
With that said I have noticed one thing that's a bit irritating but still workable.
When running the hound always, always runs to get in front of me and gets directly in my path. I have to consistently move around him, then when I do move and get in front of him he gets around me again and goes directly in front of me once again and I either run into him or have to move around.
I will add its not the biggest thing and I could live with it but it would be nice if he stayed a bit to the side. Of course my dogs currently only level 8 so maybe he gets better with levels?
Anyone else notice this or does he get better with more training?
Thanks.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: New scent hound

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Don't run, it doesn't happen if you are walking or crouch walking. Also, note that you can't give commands while prone.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

This is a nuisance when having the retriever with you, but I haven't noticed it with the scent hound. But the only time I run is when I'm following him track a wounded animal. As Stan said: when walking, it's not a problem (at least for me).
Image Image Image
Hardtree
Scout

Post by Hardtree »

yazzi wrote:Wasn't sure where to post this. Sorry if its in the wrong spot.

First off let me say im REALLY glad you've added the scent hound. I wanted to get a retriever but it wouldn't track so now im happier than a pig in poopoo.
With that said I have noticed one thing that's a bit irritating but still workable.
When running the hound always, always runs to get in front of me and gets directly in my path. I have to consistently move around him, then when I do move and get in front of him he gets around me again and goes directly in front of me once again and I either run into him or have to move around.
I will add its not the biggest thing and I could live with it but it would be nice if he stayed a bit to the side. Of course my dogs currently only level 8 so maybe he gets better with levels?
Anyone else notice this or does he get better with more training?
Thanks.
Indeed! It´s a tiny issue which should be "cleaned" anywhen. The dog is like an obstacle, right?!
There´s kind of a trick: When running use the A+D Buttons to pretend you´re going to the side and look beside - the dog will follow your posture either! :)
If it´s not going better after one of the next patches, one of us needs to create a bug report...
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I only used my new dog last night for the missions and also noted it being constantly in front of me. Less than the retriever but still.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
yazzi

Post by yazzi »

Thanks for all the info and suggestions guys.
I normally don't run a lot but when I do I just expect it now. I got him to level 9 or 10 last night and I really notice the blocking my path when Im on the road out of camp as well as on roads. While in the brush not as often and sometimes not at all.
Either way I love this new addition and as he levels he just keeps getting better. I was just curious if anyone else had noticed it

Return to “Dog suggestions”