New New Dogs (Updated included suggested dogs)

Share your dog-related ideas and suggestions here

What Dog Breeds Would you like to see in thehunter?

Australian Cattle Dog
2%
Australian Kelpie
1%
Beagle
10%
BloodHound
8%
Bull Arab
1%
Cane Corso
1%
Coonhounds
5%
Curs
1%
Dachshund
4%
Dogo Argentino
1%
English Setter
6%
English Springer Spainel
5%
German Shepard
6%
Foxhound
6%
Harrier
1%
Hungarian Vizla
3%
German Shorthaired Pointers
9%
Jack Russell
4%
Karelin Beardog
3%
Munsterlander
2%
Norweigan Elkhound
7%
PitBull
2%
Pointer
9%
Other (PLease comment what species and why)
2%

Total votes: 508
Dzsindzsaman

Re: New New Dogs (Updated included suggested dogs)

Post by Dzsindzsaman »

I don't think these breeds are useful in the hunting enviroment. For example: German Shepherd, it is a shepherd dog, the dogs duty is to guide the sheeps, not to hunt. Pitbull... please. A fighter dog for what? Tearing the unlucky roe to little pieces? 3 type of english medium sized dog, 2 types of german pointers ?

We will have retrievers, some kind of small game dog ( tracking rabbit and fox), and only have one bloodhound? The most important dog to find the wounded big/medium sized game? There are too much "pop" dog in this list, because its cute or it is beautiful bla bla.

I bet every german, austrian and hungarian IRL hunter heard about the Bavarian Hound or Hanoverian Hound. These breeds have to be able for us. Every big game hunter could use them, every.

It will add a bonus to the game experience if you can find all of your wounded game , and it could be very exciting to hunt down the wounded boar in the bush with your companion.

I hope you will change your mind.

Bavarian Mountain Hound

Hanoverian Hound

iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

Dzsindzsaman wrote:I don't think these breeds are useful in the hunting enviroment. For example: German Shepherd, it is a shepherd dog, the dogs duty is to guide the sheeps, not to hunt. Pitbull... please. A fighter dog for what? Tearing the unlucky roe to little pieces? 3 type of english medium sized dog, 2 types of german pointers ?

We will have retrievers, some kind of small game dog ( tracking rabbit and fox), and only have one bloodhound? The most important dog to find the wounded big/medium sized game? There are too much "pop" dog in this list, because its cute or it is beautiful bla bla.

I bet every german, austrian and hungarian IRL hunter heard about the Bavarian Hound or Hanoverian Hound. These breeds have to be able for us. Every big game hunter could use them, every.

It will add a bonus to the game experience if you can find all of your wounded game , and it could be very exciting to hunt down the wounded boar in the bush with your companion.

The poll isn't official, but it seems that the other players would also prefer a proper real life hunting dog over a Shepherd or Pitbull!
However, either the Bavarian- and/or Hanoverian Hounds should be taken into account. They're so famous for their fabulous nose and tracking skills!
Spoiler:
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Tracking better than the player can do = pay to win. Don't count on it
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Dzsindzsaman

Post by Dzsindzsaman »

Have you ever seen a bloodhound in action?
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Doesn't matter, in game it would be pay to win
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

Dzsindzsaman wrote:I don't think these breeds are useful in the hunting enviroment. For example: German Shepherd, it is a shepherd dog, the dogs duty is to guide the sheeps, not to hunt. Pitbull... please. A fighter dog for what? Tearing the unlucky roe to little pieces? 3 type of english medium sized dog, 2 types of german pointers ?

Bavarian Mountain Hound

Hanoverian Hound

I added German Shepard because it was suggested and we use pit bulls in Australia for pigs. They are one of the best pig hunting dogs. Because they are tough and brute.
This is the second poll. Unless you want to make a third go ahead. I don't want to change them as the votes would get wiped. I don't live in Europe or even America for that fact. I have never heard of them. I can tell you now that every dog there can be used. I only put in German shepard because it was suggested by a few people in the last poll. If you had read earlier comments as well you would have noticed I cannot add another because there is a limit on how many options you have. Get a grip! Your going on about how there cute, i don't know where you got that from. Maybe when there puppies but apart from beagles, harriers and springer spaniel i would not classify them "cute" but more or less well formed dogs. Look Beagles have so far the highest amount of votes along with german pointers. Harriers are just like a bigger version of a beagles if you look it up for slightly bigger game and springer spaniel are also a top competitor. there are only 2 votes for the option "other" so that tell me that majority of people would like the dogs that are listed
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

I'd like to see the Coonhound split between the Bluetick, Redbone & Treeing Walker.
Lawger
Hunter

Post by Lawger »

DHRifleman wrote:Tracking better than the player can do = pay to win. Don't count on it
Then so is a caller, or camo clothing, or scent killer, or the rangefinder bowscope, or basically any piece of equipment that you can buy to make hunting a bit easier (which is pretty much anything in the store). Your argument seems both old and irrelevant. If we can pay for something that makes the animals come to us, why shouldn't we be able to pay for something which makes tracking a wounded animal easier? Especially since dogs are always used for that IRL.
Macagod
Hunter

Post by Macagod »

PiafHunter wrote:Others : irish setter, french spaniels...
I wouldn't mind seeing Irish setter's, Gordon setter's or even an Irish Wolfhound.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I reposted again as in the 1st post.

Other Dogs:

I would like to see an Irish Setter, A great upland bird dog.

You have Coon Hounds on the list, which consist of American Leopard Hound, Red Bone, Black & Tan, Blue Tick, Walker, American English Red Tick, & Plott.
But these hounds not only hunt Coons, they can be trained to hunt other animals also, thus called Treeing Dogs.
As they also hunt Opossums, Squirrels, Bobcats, Bears, & Mountain lions.
Bloodhounds were added in to Coon Hound lines to help their tracking abilities.
So you have 7 different types of dogs for Coon Hounds (Treeing Dogs) that should be noted.
One of the best, Baying Hounds.

http://www.coondawgs.com/breeds.html

ADD LINE to NEW POST>
A fighting dog that is aggressive is used in a lot of Hog, Bear, & big game hunting:
Not only is it the aggressor when used with hounds, it will take the blunt of the fight while keeping the animal at bay.
1 example is a Pit Bull wearing a vest & spiked collar to help it from occurring injury.
Last edited by gas56 on June 8th, 2015, 11:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Return to “Dog suggestions”