Dog ignores "Stay" command

Report all dog-related bugs and glitches here
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Dog ignores "Stay" command

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Bug Report
Game Mode: Happened to me in SP numerous times, probably also happens in MP, but I'm not sure.
Hunter Name: Tanngnjostr

Description:
After hunting for a while, the dog ignores the "Stay" command - it doesn't show one of the symbols (question mark or exclamation mark) in the lower left corner and the dog does not obey the command.

Steps to Reproduce:
I don't know an exact way to reproduce it. If I take the dog on a longer hunt it does usually happen at one point.

Additional Information:
Only happens with the "Stay" command in my case. Repetition of the command does not fix it, but sometimes giving another command like "Sit" first and then the "Stay" command again does make the dog react as intended.
Happens with the retriever and with the scent hound.

My Computer
Platform: See here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 43#p775043
OS & Version: Windows 10 Professionl 64 bit.
nachthexe
Hunter

Re: Dog ignores "Stay" command

Post by nachthexe »

I have observed that the dogs jumps up and runs over (ignoring stay) when I shoot a rifle!
Code: Select all
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

nachthexe wrote:I have observed that the dogs jumps up and runs over (ignoring stay) when I shoot a rifle!
Are you sure the dog does this after a "Stay"? I could only observe this behavior after a "Lay down" and thought this was intentional for the scent hound.
Image Image Image
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Are you sure the dog does this after a "Stay"? I could only observe this behavior after a "Lay down" and thought this was intentional for the scent hound.
Yes I put the dog on stay when an animal approaches, so he is around 20-30m behind me. I never use just lay down because he does that anyway when put on stay. When I shoot, he moves up.
Code: Select all
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Post by Tuck_SFA »

It happens to me every hunt, more than once each hunt too. Stay command. As bug report says, no icon in the lower left. WRR. SP. And yes, if I give it a J (come) command, that generally frees it up, but not always.
Spoiler:
Hardtree
Scout

Post by Hardtree »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Bug Report
Game Mode: Happened to me in SP numerous times, probably also happens in MP, but I'm not sure.
Hunter Name: Tanngnjostr

Description:
After hunting for a while, the dog ignores the "Stay" command - it doesn't show one of the symbols (question mark or exclamation mark) in the lower left corner and the dog does not obey the command.

Steps to Reproduce:
I don't know an exact way to reproduce it. If I take the dog on a longer hunt it does usually happen at one point.

Additional Information:
Only happens with the "Stay" command in my case. Repetition of the command does not fix it, but sometimes giving another command like "Sit" first and then the "Stay" command again does make the dog react as intended.
Happens with the retriever and with the scent hound.

My Computer
Platform: See here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 43#p775043
OS & Version: Windows 10 Professionl 64 bit.

Confirmed!

It happens e.g. after a successful search when the hound tracks down the prey. It´s barking but only following the commands SIT/Lay DOWN but not STAY.
Also the hound does not follow the STAY command after walking a while - just randomly.
Spoiler:
seammer
Tracker

Post by seammer »

Same for me with my Freya.

She won't leave the "Stay" position if I let loose an arrow but any gunshot and off she goes! Often enough to be a problem, there are other animals that could have been shot and dropped if she had not bounded in stirring everything up. Not to mention, I'm prone and sighting and it sounds like a bear or moose attack is imminent which gets me scrambling!

I've been in MP hunts with her in various reserves with the same results.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

seammer wrote:Same for me with my Freya.

She won't leave the "Stay" position if I let loose an arrow but any gunshot and off she goes!
I think that this is intentional, but I'm not sure. What you and nachthexe are talking about is definitely not the bug that I was pointing at in the topic starter. (Not saying your complaints are not valid, just that we're talking about different problems). What I meant was ignoring the "Stay" command altogether while roaming around, without showing the "?" or the "!" sign. As was confirmed by Hardtree and Tuck_SFA
Image Image Image
seammer
Tracker

Post by seammer »

Yes Tanngnjostr, I have been experiencing Freya ignoring my "Stay" commands as you described. Repeatedly.

I've only been in MP hunts with her thus far. Initially, she was obeying quite well. After the first update since getting her, she started performing quite differently, in a _bad_ way. My hunting buddies witnessed her obeying command and then later, ignoring them repeatedly.

I do get the idea for the dog to take action with a gun shot. It just isn't always ideal for them to do so. It is even worse when they are noisier than a pair of angry bears coming up behind you.

Return to “Dog-related bugs”