dog backpack?

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
beau_76
Scout

dog backpack?

Post by beau_76 »

I am think about a dog backpack
I like to hear your thought if you have one what do you put in it ?
thanks Beau
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: dog backpack?

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Anything light: extra ammo, scent spray/eliminator, "backup" callers (like if I'm hunting elk, but want to have a moose caller with me just in case a monster comes along), bait to fill barrels on the way etc...
Image Image Image
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

As Marc said, you can put small items up to 1.5 weight in it(Total backback weight is 5). It is usefull if you do a long hunt and shooting lots of animals!
You can put small items in the dog's backback and have one more weapon or tree stand/tent in your backback!
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hey there,

It's a pretty nice feature since you can even put bows and handguns in as long as they are below or equal 1.5kg.

Cheers,
Wehrwolf.
μολών λαβέ
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Sound like a very useful thing, but there is a lot than you can buy with 450 ems... its your call, and that make your dog not only a occasional tracker/retriever but also a little walking backpack, in the case of scent hounds would be probably a more habitual way to help you.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
seammer
Tracker

Post by seammer »

I love being able to have that extra ammo, extra caller or bait, weapon. It allows me to go out prepared for multiples of missions and competitions. Well worth the 450 ems, in my opinion.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I like the idea of extra stuff...but the dogs are just a PIA...in the way...spook stuff.. Try getting one to stay or sit while you are prone watching a big Elk coming toward you. Half the time you have to go from prone to crouch just to see if he complied. Game over with the Elk.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Dog Backpacks are great, I recommend them. I don't have the problems everyone else seems to have with the scent hounds. Yes it gets in the way sometimes but I don't really have any problems with my dog spooking animals. Sometimes my dog with give a ? when I give a command to sit, stay or come here but how hard is it to give the command again? You don't have to look at your dog to see if it complied with a command. When you issue a command you'll see an ! instead of a ?. Simple.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Seifer wrote:Dog Backpacks are great, I recommend them. I don't have the problems everyone else seems to have with the scent hounds. Yes it gets in the way sometimes but I don't really have any problems with my dog spooking animals. Sometimes my dog with give a ? when I give a command to sit, stay or come here but how hard is it to give the command again? You don't have to look at your dog to see if it complied with a command. When you issue a command you'll see an ! instead of a ?. Simple.
Try it it on high settings, prone in the long grass in the sunlight at TgT. IIRC, you cannot give the dog commands while prone.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Try it it on high settings, prone in the long grass in the sunlight at TgT. IIRC, you cannot give the dog commands while prone.
I wouldn't be prone in the long grass on TgT. I know you can't give commands while prone but I make sure the given commands are followed first before going prone.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉

Return to “Kennel”