dogs

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
WolfLQ
Tracker

Re: dogs

Post by WolfLQ »

I do hate how he gets in my way. It's the worst. Surely they can adjust his collision because getting hurled in the air or forward 15 feet because he bumped me wrong is driving me insane :lol:

Have you leveled up his blood tracking specifically? Mine is level 6 now and was sucking... so I took the bow out to Whiterime and shot some of the moose cows in the body (they will follow blood trails from bows very well--useless with rifles). Sent him off on long blood trails and got his blood trail level, which is separate, leveled up. He's much better now. Maybe that'll help? But if you're using rifles... yeah... not helpful. They should really follow ALL wounded animals, IMO... it's a scent hound, not a Chihuahua.
(Not a newbie! Back after a few years hiatus.)
LeffePeffe

Post by LeffePeffe »

I dont hunt with bow.
And I have ofc used the dog on every singel occasion i could but that is the point i did not buy it to have a new thing to skill up.
I bought it as a helper to save me time since to much time goes to waist due to tracking in this game.
I got a life outside the game, i got work i got other things in life as well.
So i bought it to save me time.
Not get a extra moment that will take time.

It is low level of all it is just lvl 2 in blood tracking.
But it is just the thing why should i need to skill it up.
Selling a thing that are to help and there is not helping if you dont put loads of effort into it.
Specially when they say they way the do in the shop.
Well... i think that sux tbh like selling a car "this car is the best car around and it is builded for speed, comfort and last forever"
Then when you buy it is not assembled you need to build it yourself, and you need to fine tunit for 2 years before it can go over 40km/h and comes with wooden chairs that you need to stuff yourself.

That is called false advertising. ;)
Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

I apparently have been relatively lucky with my scent hound, until he hit level 20. Prior to such he pretty much found everything I placed him on, only once or twice having to redirect. Then at 20 it's like he lost his marbles. He's constantly under my feet, like I am PUSHING him forward, he cannot follow a series of tracks even if lung heart
(LungHeart, LungHeart, (six LH bloody tracks in row) then a roaming track, then a body track and two steps later a dead critter is pretty much the pattern if the beast doesn't drop immediately. I am finding the dead critters faster than my scent hound now.

I didn't believe the 'when they hit 20 they get stupid', I sure as heck do now. (the sound when I have him in stay drives me nuts too)
Spoiler:

LeffePeffe

Post by LeffePeffe »

Djehmli wrote:I apparently have been relatively lucky with my scent hound, until he hit level 20. Prior to such he pretty much found everything I placed him on, only once or twice having to redirect. Then at 20 it's like he lost his marbles. He's constantly under my feet, like I am PUSHING him forward, he cannot follow a series of tracks even if lung heart
(LungHeart, LungHeart, (six LH bloody tracks in row) then a roaming track, then a body track and two steps later a dead critter is pretty much the pattern if the beast doesn't drop immediately. I am finding the dead critters faster than my scent hound now.

I didn't believe the 'when they hit 20 they get stupid', I sure as heck do now. (the sound when I have him in stay drives me nuts too)

Well hopefully it will get better as it is now its a joke :)
But hearing your getting dumb at lvl 20 mine just got lvl 16 don't sounds comforting.
Well time will show

Return to “Kennel”