Dog stops on every track

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
ApolloCreed
Spotter

Dog stops on every track

Post by ApolloCreed »

As of today, my dog stops at every track that I send him to. He then just sits there. I then have to tell him to come here, then tell him to track the animal. This only started today, after the latest, and way too often PATCH. My dog is useless now. Please fix this error.

Do you think you can name all the animals in this game? Check out the Hunter quiz I've created on Sporcle. Go to Sporcle, type in the search bar "the Hunter". From the list choose the game called "theHunter (Name the Animals). Good Luck.
Foxtrotter
Scout

Re: Dog stops on every track

Post by Foxtrotter »

Im noticing the same thing more or less. She doesnt stop at EVERY track, but enough to be an annoyance. She also gets confused way easier than before which shouldnt happen at all at lvl 25 unless you send it into a blood bath of multiple kills.
Returning Soon!
THE IRONMAN SEASONAL SERIES COMPETITIONS

Brought to you by Foxtrotter and http://www.UHCapps.co.uk
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

After reading this post earlier today, I took out my hound & wounded a bunch of animals with the heavy recurve. He tracked everything tonight with no issues, other than crossing the wide river. He actually performed better today than he has in the recent past, so I don't think there's any new bug. The river crossing was the only time that I had to set him back on track, and he actually barked every time too. For the record, he's level 30 right now.

Would like to see some more info on your end. What level is the dog? What did you shoot? Was it a fatal shot? Etc.
Foxtrotter
Scout

Post by Foxtrotter »

Any time i had issue was when it was a gut shot and more than one set of tracks in the immediate area. Daisy is lvl 25.
Returning Soon!
THE IRONMAN SEASONAL SERIES COMPETITIONS

Brought to you by Foxtrotter and http://www.UHCapps.co.uk
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I can say that with the tracks on bugged "roaming" animals (the ones who shoot off the map with steadily-increasing time on their tracks no matter how fast you go, which miraculously stop bleeding from even lung shots and can't be caught up with)--the dog will stop after a track or two of those, as if the trail itself is bugged.

That -said,- this isn't something new, and it's something I'd noticed a few times in the past. But I know this bugged/roaming issue was being addressed somehow so maybe it's related?
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

TheSheWolf wrote:I can say that with the tracks on bugged "roaming" animals (the ones who shoot off the map with steadily-increasing time on their tracks no matter how fast you go, which miraculously stop bleeding from even lung shots and can't be caught up with)--the dog will stop after a track or two of those, as if the trail itself is bugged.

That -said,- this isn't something new, and it's something I'd noticed a few times in the past. But I know this bugged/roaming issue was being addressed somehow so maybe it's related?
It wasn't addressed. It was listed as "in progress".
Funkygecko

Post by Funkygecko »

My dogs level 40 just hit 40 last night. Thats about 6 months of hunting and using him maybe even more. Ive always said poor guy gets dumber every level.

Recently about a month or so maybe more its been getting worse every level. Now he walks right by the dead animals, keeps going a bit further past them, never barks (to signal he found them because he didn't) then comes back a bit later and gives me the dumb question mark face/scooby sound, that he can't find said animal even though we are right next to said dead animal or animal is on screen some odd distance away. (This wasn't like this before, even when they got lost or sidetracked etc.)

It doesn't happen everytime, but it has been happening for a awhile now and it happend to me with my dog being over level 30.

On another note dog sounds STILL need to be lowered and cut down (less interfernce/noise per minute) period(this is after said fix has already been applied) or give us the option with a slider its not gonna break the game if we can lower (this one sound, when there are people with the grapics on the lowest setting going against others with MAX settings in competitions) the dog to the level we see fit.
This dog NEVER stops licking, slobbering, making noises, breathing with the pressure of a 20lb turbo UNLESS THE RAIN COMES then you won't hear a PIP at that point the dog dies and doesnt make a sound until the sun comes back. (my peace and quiet time)
Never in my life have I heard a dog like this, if i had i would of taken it to a vet for Hyper ventilating and probable dehydration from slobbering nonstop for an entire hunt. After 40 levels I may have to bench poor Snarf and start carrying a tent for a companion.

(this applies to scenthound)
reinholt12
Spotter

Post by reinholt12 »

I have to agree, the scent dog seems to get more dumb each level it gets instead of getting smarter. Mine is only lvl 24 tho as i dont really see much use for the dog currently.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Hawkeye wrote:It wasn't addressed. It was listed as "in progress".
Mm, I said "being addressed," as in, it sounded to me like they're working on it. I suppose that means they haven't rolled out a fix?

Anyway, after further testing, my dog appears to be tracking as normal (lvl 22, tried on Hirschfelden & Val-des-Bois). She's doing fine. She DOES often overrun dead animals and then run back with a ? but I assume that's some kind of bug, and anyway I'm usually on the trail behind her picking up every track, so I don't miss them. This isn't a new bug, however. I've noticed nothing out of the ordinary, except that she no longer stands after I fire my rifle when she is set to "Stay."

Out of interest, which types of dogs do you guys have? Maybe it's a bug with a specific version? I have heard a lot of people for awhile now saying their dog gets worse as it levels, but mine doesn't. For reference, I have the light-coated female.
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

Mines lvl 35 and still dumb lol
Spoiler:

Return to “Kennel”