So what has changed?

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
MudBug
Outfitter

So what has changed?

Post by MudBug »

I've been away from the game for a bit with COTW ( :lol: ) and mostly some other titles. Total time about a month, give or take. Upon return I've noticed that my scent hound is now dumber than dirt and nowhere near working at the previous levels of competency.

Dog is lvl 23.

The dog will not track blood for more than 3 tracks 90% of the time. It will start off, follow 3-4 tracks, wander off course and return to me with the "?" icon showing. It will successfully blood trail only 1 in 6 times. This was never a problem before. I could shoot 2 animals, have the dog find one and I'd find the other.

I do not require the dog to hunt successfully. Thank goodness, because based on the recent past performance of said dog, I'd be in deep trouble. :lol:
I enjoy having the dog along. The only thing new is the dog backpack. I thought maybe using it messed up the dog's coding somehow. Yet, even with it removed, tracking results are still very sub-par.

Did I miss something? Did something change? I want my old mutt back to the way she was before!
Zaggidk
Tracker

Re: So what has changed?

Post by Zaggidk »

You abandoned her for several weeks.. Ofcourse you have to earn her trust before she'll start to behave!

On a serious note, I haven't felt any problems with mine - seems to be pretty much the same as always, mine is lvl 34. :)

Return to “Kennel”