Dogs auto pointing

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
GreatBighorn
Scout

Dogs auto pointing

Post by GreatBighorn »

Hello Hunters

After hunting with the two types of dogs about some time i feel that the dogs - especially on the retrievers must add some auto pointing future on them. Was always ridiculous to track pheasants & rabbits so NOW that we have the dogs in action i can't understand why is so difficult to use them correct & realistic. At least the bird/ small game dogs need some kind of auto pointing (no skill system necessary) when an upland bird is nearby, showing you or lead you to the bird. It's not about actually drives you like a real pointer dog, it's just a logical dog's response that can help you to locate your prey since it's just not very far from you. The simple alert barking isn't enough since is truly fool the way that you forced to guess the correct direction that the dog hypothetically sense the prey. Im pretty sure that is not so difficult for the devs make a retriever lead you to a pheasant after the current alerting dog's state in a radius about 50m or less. Don't take my words bad, just i feel so pity for the game, finally with the dogs now...and some old flaws still here without a serious reason.

Happy hunting to all :)
Patience is virtue for hunting
Always perfect shots "on the wing"
If you don't find me flush the roosters you'll find me blast some puddle drakes
Nothing harder than shooting WT Ptarms at dusk!
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Re: Dogs auto pointing

Post by baloo.the.dog »

agreed, maybe with a golden retriever or poodle
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!

Return to “Kennel”