scent hounds are usless

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
therisths
Hunter

Re: scent hounds are usless

Post by therisths »

HerbHungwell wrote: Dogs do the very same thing in real life. Hell, it wouldn't be any fun if you couldn't watch the pup learn and progress into a good tracker... Not being a d ick but it's obvious most of you keyboard hunters have never had the pleasure of training a hunting dog in real life
ofc but what is the price for a pup and what is the price for a well trained dog?
GreatBighorn
Scout

Post by GreatBighorn »

I have a scent hound about 3 days and im an old one hunter too. They are not usless but however their help is limited since they can't take track trails along with the blood trails. IMO they should add this skill to scent hounds. Like the blood trail working, you must order your dog to take every footprint, blood or whatever and lead you to the direction of the animal. Of course the difficulty for him to do that sucefully must be very higher than the blood trail following. I think this future can't hurt the game since we see how well are made all those possibilities for the dog to success or not based on the skill mechanism.

Have a good hunting today :)
Patience is virtue for hunting
Always perfect shots "on the wing"
If you don't find me flush the roosters you'll find me blast some puddle drakes
Nothing harder than shooting WT Ptarms at dusk!
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

I was somewhat reluctant and doubtful about the Scent Hounds when first released but after owning one and trying it out (male/Scooter - Current Level = 12), I can truthfully say I'm very pleased and satisfied with the results.
I've lost count how many times I've used my hound but I've never lost a wounded game animal since owning one.
I normally carry the tent along while hunting and if things get tough trying to follow a blood trail, many times I'll throw up the tent and bring Scooter out and he has yet to let me down. 8-)
Spoiler:
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

the dog should be able to only track fleeing tracks(include: foot prints and blood)
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
GreatBighorn
Scout

Post by GreatBighorn »

the dog should be able to only track fleeing tracks(include: foot prints and blood)
Why only footprints from fleeing animals and not roaming footprints as well?
Patience is virtue for hunting
Always perfect shots "on the wing"
If you don't find me flush the roosters you'll find me blast some puddle drakes
Nothing harder than shooting WT Ptarms at dusk!
Marko391

Post by Marko391 »

While the problems are not mine Hound. my dog ​​drives instead of live animals from behind.
CATALIN_RO

Post by CATALIN_RO »

the smely pot is not god for noting if ai do not hit the animal in heart or longs and drop ded after 50 m it wil not faind it . wai to bai the smely pot if the pepople mast doing the traching. Y want the mani bac and tache bac the pot or at les let mi sut him ai lus to mani animals becase of that dog sory may bad englis ai translete with gogle 3 taims its not work vith copi paste hire ai lus mai pacince gud bay :evil:
CATALIN_RO

Post by CATALIN_RO »

in real laif an animal wil mast have a barel vith 200 l blod on his bac if hund vil serc him in the same way the wai hau the hund trac the animal is anrelistic
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Bai nene, foloseste Google Translator sau roaga pe cineva sa scrie pentru tine in engleza. Sau, si mai bine, evita sa o faci!
Spoiler:

UNDGND16

Post by UNDGND16 »

My dog is at level 17 and you would think by now he would do as his told and be a little more switched on.... but I have now learn to leave him at home which is a damn shame .....

imo, the dog should be more switched on at level 17 and be able to track wounded animals without a problem but he always gets turned off the tracking after 2-3 prints ....

And for some reason, he is sometimes completely ignoring the basic commands of SIT or STAY, I need to do it multiple times before she obeys ... by then the animal is spooked ....

I understand his only a pup but you would think he would learn a little quicker than this ....

Return to “Kennel”