Scent Hound Reviews

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
testbreaker
Tracker

Re: Scent Hound Reviews

Post by testbreaker »

1) Are you happy with your scent hound? yes

2) Does it add to the immersiveness? yes

3) How often do you bring it out to hunt? Whenever I'm stalking or when I make a bad shot and the tent is nearby. Estimate 2 out of 5 hunts.

4) Complaints about it? He's a bit noisy, luckily he doesn't spook animals. It's hard to give him treats when he does a good job tracking. He doesn't always find the animal. he seems to always be under foot when crouching.
McNukki
Spotter

Post by McNukki »

I have a problem that it doesn´t track wounded animals... :( I dont know why he´s level 12 I think that should work fine
mikeman1
Scout

Post by mikeman1 »

1) Are you happy with your scent hound? somewhat

2) Does it add to the immersiveness? yes

3) How often do you bring it out to hunt? Seldom any more. He's messed up too many of my hunts.

4) Complaints about it? He's dumb as a stick and doesn't follow commands reliably. Doesn't track well at all.

Suggestion: The time to train a dog for basic commands (sit, stay, come, etc) and fundamental tracking skills is before you take him hunting. Why not start the dog (Level 1) with the basic commands and tracking skills already established. You've got the right idea with growing his skills as time goes on, but in my opinion the starting point (Level 1) should probably be around what is currently level 10 - 12. IRL, nobody in their right mind would take a dog that green into the field on a real hunt.
Code: Select all

Zero12
Tracker

Post by Zero12 »

1) Are you happy with your scent hound? Yes in way. Irl ofc the dog is not used for only wounded animals and thats yet not possible in the hunter but i hope someday.

2) Does it add to the immersiveness? Yes

3) How often do you bring it out to hunt? pretty much every hunt.

4) Complaints about it? Body shot animals are amongs the most needed to be tracked and i find myself having hard time to get my dog going after the tracks of one. Probadly after a lot of training i might get it to work better but for now all i can do for the body shot animals is to wait and put my own effort to look for them. :roll:
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

1) Are you happy with your scent hound? Yes
Mine is now at level 11 but it has been fine with tracking and following commands before that.
Can it track better than I can? no, but it should not give an unfair advantage to those that don't have one. It is just to add something to the gameplay.

2) Does it add to the immersiveness? Yes

3) How often do you bring it out to hunt? pretty much every hunt since I got it.

4) Complaints about it?
Now that the sounds are lower, it is no longer a problem.

While I don't agree with some things EW has done, and how they design some things, I do think they did a very good job on the scent hound.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

waiora wrote:Liked it initially but quickly packed it away and forgot about it.

Standing there and giving it a fetch command 20 times.... honestly?
Maybe you should try using the retriever instead of the scent hound for retrieving if you want it to fetch ;)
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

DHRifleman wrote:
waiora wrote:Liked it initially but quickly packed it away and forgot about it.

Standing there and giving it a fetch command 20 times.... honestly?
Maybe you should try using the retriever instead of the scent hound for retrieving if you want it to fetch ;)
track/fetch, same thing, different dog. The scent hound will stand on a pool of heart/lung blood and you have to issue the command 10 times before it responds, and it seems to get worse with levels, not better
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

My dog is only at level 11 and I have had no problem with him taking the track blood comand. I do give it while the blood is displayed on the hm.
ChroMiuM Deejay

Post by ChroMiuM Deejay »

1) Are you happy with your scent hound? Yes

2) Does it add to the immersiveness? Yes,nice animations , AI , and 3dmodel/textures

3) How often do you bring it out to hunt? Most of times

4) Complaints about it?

The sound is not really clean,a little repetitive and a bit loud
Androssi
Spotter

Post by Androssi »

1) Are you happy with your scent hound?
Yes

2) Does it add to the immersiveness?
Yes

3) How often do you bring it out to hunt?
All the time.

4) Complaints about it?
Likes to walk in front of the line of fire and sit down. Runs for no apparent reason at times when I switch from crouch to standing and start walking. Loses the trail when the animal has fallen 15 yards away. Snorts and clears his nose and sinuses every few seconds. He must have allergies. I think I got a hound that isn't very high on the evolutionary totem pole, at least not in the common sense department.

Return to “Kennel”