Blue Tick Noisey Walking

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
xyl
Scout

Blue Tick Noisey Walking

Post by xyl »

Devs, you have done a great job on the scent hound. That being said, I really only have one complaint. He is so noisy when walking you can't hear some animals call. Crouching he is fine. Walking upright he's a disaster. Hacking, snorting, coughing, gagging, to the point of being annoying. The only way to get him to stop is to have him stay or crouch. Is there any way you can give him a "Goodies" powder to tone him down a little while walking? Thank you in advance. :mrgreen:
seammer
Tracker

Re: Blue Tick Noisey Walking

Post by seammer »

My first few hunts with my scent hound, Freya, were Awesome!

She obeyed command, followed my stance and even tracked across the river in VDB!

I was amazed at how well the dog performed and was suggesting to my hunting buddies that they get one right off!

Then... an update and patch later, suddenly she runs around like a puppy even after gaining level 10. SHEESH!!!! It takes up to four of the same command before she finally responds, IF she responds to that command at all. Sometimes I just have to give a different command and then the original before she actually does as commanded.

She won't come all the way to my avatar when I call her to "come here". Then when I start to walk close enough to give her a treat she starts walking or running away from me. I'd have to run to catch up to her. Sometimes when I call her to me, she runs in the opposite direction. When I am crouch walking and get a little too far from the bumbling noisy beast, she bounds around making such a ruckus that it sounds like a small herd of animals charging.

When I am walking upright she gets in my way, walking directly in front of me, pushes me around and runs off out of sight and bounds around like an hyperactive rabbit.

Freya is currently level 11 and still performing this way.

Please, look into this and make whatever adjustments are necessary?

For me, the scent hound is extraordinarily noisy. So noisy that I keep thinking a bear is about to charge me! So noisy that I can't hear animals walking a mere few meters away when the hound is even further than the animal. From in a tree stand, with Freya over 20 meters away, I can't hear animals walking 5 meters from the tree for all of the grunts and huffs and movement sounds she makes. From meters away her walking is louder than the sounds my avatar makes.

Please, rework the scent hound sound package?

Return to “Kennel”