Labrador Retriever tweak

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
CatchU
Tracker

Labrador Retriever tweak

Post by CatchU »

Yesterday I tested the updates which the devs did to the Labs.
I have to say that they did a great job. My Lab is more responsive now, stays in the vicinity of me, behaves more like a Lab should, fetches like a pro and is fun again to take out for hunting!

Also the spook range is now just fine! I even managed to shot a Fox from about 20m with my dog lying next to me.

Thanks for tweaking and making the dog worth accompany me hunting again!!
dvotee
Spotter

Re: Labrador Retriever tweak

Post by dvotee »

Out of interest what level is your lab?

I love mine and whilst it's only lvl 17 I said last night I was looking forward to taking it out to see how the improvements are. Now I really am and can't wait to test it out later ;)
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

I did one test and the dog works like it should have been since day 1.

Really hope they will behave this way for some time now and don't get patched "unuseable" some day.

MfG L.E.

waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

CatchU wrote:Yesterday I tested the updates which the devs did to the Labs.
I have to say that they did a great job. My Lab is more responsive now, stays in the vicinity of me, behaves more like a Lab should, fetches like a pro and is fun again to take out for hunting!

Also the spook range is now just fine! I even managed to shot a Fox from about 20m with my dog lying next to me.

Thanks for tweaking and making the dog worth accompany me hunting again!!

Im not even 5m out of the lodge and already permanently getting stuck on the labrador, they didnt change anything with its pathing, still annoying as hell
CatchU
Tracker

Post by CatchU »

dvotee wrote:Out of interest what level is your lab?
Mine is level 25 now.

waiora wrote:Im not even 5m out of the lodge and already permanently getting stuck on the labrador, they didnt change anything with its pathing, still annoying as hell
When walking the path is still obstructive, you're right. But I crouch a lot and so it is not that bad for me because my Lab stays always a few meters behind then.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

CatchU wrote:
dvotee wrote:Out of interest what level is your lab?
Mine is level 25 now.

waiora wrote:Im not even 5m out of the lodge and already permanently getting stuck on the labrador, they didnt change anything with its pathing, still annoying as hell
When walking the path is still obstructive, you're right. But I crouch a lot and so it is not that bad for me because my Lab stays always a few meters behind then.
I don't crouch ever when hunting rabbits and very little for pheasants. And for waterfowl you are in a blind
khavy
Tracker

Post by khavy »

Tested my dog too... it really is somewhat better
BUT, he still never does the STAY command, never longer than 1 sec.(lvl 37)
IF only they could fix that one command it really would let the retriver be usefull again!
mikeman1
Scout

Post by mikeman1 »

I noticed that since the lab tweak B.o.n.e.r keeps "forgetting" the Stay command. Most of the time he's OK, but every once in a awhile he's good for a few minutes, then next thing I know here he comes crunching along and spooking everything. He's level 27. Any body else noticing this?
Code: Select all

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

mikeman1 wrote:I noticed that since the lab tweak B.o.n.e.r keeps "forgetting" the Stay command. Most of the time he's OK, but every once in a awhile he's good for a few minutes, then next thing I know here he comes crunching along and spooking everything. He's level 27. Any body else noticing this?
Happens to me a lot of times with the "Stay" command. Either the dog accepts it (exclamation mark), but after lying down gets back up instantly and starts to roam around again or it ignores the command completely (no question mark and no exclamation mark), no matter how often I repeat it. I was hoping it got changed with the scent hounds, but then it happened to my new dog in the last hunt. :(
"Lay down" usually works, but unfortunately in this case the dog starts to follow me again as soon as I'm fifteen meters away from him.
Image Image Image
CatchU
Tracker

Post by CatchU »

mikeman1 wrote:I noticed that since the lab tweak B.o.n.e.r keeps "forgetting" the Stay command. Most of the time he's OK, but every once in a awhile he's good for a few minutes, then next thing I know here he comes crunching along and spooking everything. He's level 27. Any body else noticing this?
My Lab is now level 25 and stays for minutes if nedded. He only starts to come after I shot something.
Had a level up to 26 last hunt with loyality level 4 - let's see if it get also worst instead of better...hope not!

Return to “Kennel”