Very good job on the tracking hound

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
Ghostware
Tracker

Very good job on the tracking hound

Post by Ghostware »

I have been playing this game for years and I have to hand it to the developers on this one, the scent hound was a good addition. It isn't a game changing addition but it does add to the tremendously to the immersion. Well done!
nosnerb
Outfitter

Re: Very good job on the tracking hound

Post by nosnerb »

I would agree the dog acts and performs very very well. The release was pretty horrific if we're bring honest though. Still without the server issues the dog is 9.5/10
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Yeah got the dog worried it bugging out and being an annoyance but not stumbled on it once and it does track well. Hope it´s abilities can be developed as in some warning bark if he spots something close by or some really strong scent. Only complaints is he make sounds very close to the bison which is confusing when you are at Whiterim ;)
ChrisMK72
Outfitter

Post by ChrisMK72 »

Really, i had my doubts.
But i think you(devs) made a very good job, and beautiful animated too.

Respect !

btw: The sounds are great too !
Adds to the immersion.
Misstik
Hunter

Post by Misstik »

What I like with this dog is his face: looks ALWAYS happy :D :D :D
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

misskiki68 wrote:What I like with this dog is his face: looks ALWAYS happy :D :D :D
whaaat!? you wanna tell me your retriever is not happy? that must be your lacking care for him... :lol:

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Honeymoon over. One thing that bugs me is that he has no interest in downed animals. If I get a heartshot and the animal take one step and falls. I direct him to the 1 track just because I am in a levelling up phase just at level 12. Then he starts going in circles and look everywhere for where the killed animal is. He steps over the animal but doesn´t find it. Happens more often then not when the distance the kill travels is to short. Ideally they run so you get three tracks then he just sprints to the dead animal and finds it every time. Otherwise my tracking is generally faster. Has I not sent the dog to track an animal he also have no interest in the carcass.

The lack of awareness of big thingies lying dead and probably smell bad also mean he never ever warns or helps me getting charged by bison or moose. I bet he won´t help me with the Polar Bears either. But scent and hunt dogs is totally different things I suppose :)
Lightspeed2012
Spotter

Post by Lightspeed2012 »

Thanks for this addition to the Hunter - a great companion and behaves well.
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

knott wrote:Honeymoon over. One thing that bugs me is that he has no interest in downed animals. If I get a heartshot and the animal take one step and falls. I direct him to the 1 track just because I am in a levelling up phase just at level 12. Then he starts going in circles and look everywhere for where the killed animal is. He steps over the animal but doesn´t find it. Happens more often then not when the distance the kill travels is to short. Ideally they run so you get three tracks then he just sprints to the dead animal and finds it every time. Otherwise my tracking is generally faster. Has I not sent the dog to track an animal he also have no interest in the carcass.

The lack of awareness of big thingies lying dead and probably smell bad also mean he never ever warns or helps me getting charged by bison or moose. I bet he won´t help me with the Polar Bears either. But scent and hunt dogs is totally different things I suppose :)
My tip to you.

Team up with some newbies.

They do crap shots 8 times out of 10 which enables you to track wounded animals over greater distances.

Optionally, start shooting the animals in the butt :)
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

xAncalagonx wrote:
Optionally, start shooting the animals in the butt :)
this is what i am trying to do when i am with my scent hound. but right when i shoot i forget that i wanted to hurt the intestines and instantly kill the animal :cry:

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!

Return to “Kennel”