Is the new Dog vest to expensive?

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
knott
Outfitter

Re: Is the new Dog vest to expensive?

Post by knott »

Oswald74 wrote:We don't need arctic clothing, but we have them ingame and they will NEVER be taken out.

So why not make this "feature" for the dogs also?

They can give a free "basic" arctic dog vest to everyone like with the clothing and a "better" one you can buy.

Just an idea.

MfG L.E.
They can easilly be taken out if necessary but it´s quite enough as it´s. This don´t affect the dogs vests at all though. They can run around naked and not freeze fine. To pay for them not to freeze and just be able to do short hunts unless you pay to win... Why do you ask for this feature :)
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

Where did you read that you can only do short hunts?

With the free basic clothing you can hunt as long as you want. Same would be with the free dog vest.

I'm not asking for it, but it would be realistic to have this feature.

MfG L.E.

Trackfield
Scout

Post by Trackfield »

I'd think a dog could stay warm as it does have a coat.
Humans, not so much :)

I'm still not sure I'd like to have a vest in areas that give camo to that dog, white vest, white snow, hard enough now to keep up with them if they are tracking and you sorta have to run.
Unless they give us some way to find the dog via the huntermate.

other areas with trees etc, they are hard to see now once they get too far ahead of you.
testbreaker
Tracker

Post by testbreaker »

Since the blue tick hound is a short hair dog, a warm vest for areas like WRR seem necessary. I do wish they would make some impact on the dog if you didn't provide a warm vest for it but still keep the price along the lines of the other vests.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Oswald74 wrote:Where did you read that you can only do short hunts?

With the free basic clothing you can hunt as long as you want. Same would be with the free dog vest.

I'm not asking for it, but it would be realistic to have this feature.

MfG L.E.
It seemed like your suggestion would be that the dog would freeze and thus only make short hunts without dog vest instead of as of now fashion clothes. So you could justify buying the expensive dog vest.

My suggestion is be happy you don´t have to buy the expensive dog vest.

Instead of that maybe some dog more suitable for cold would be a lot more fun then a damn dog vest. I like the orange one good visibility :)
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

As they introduced the non-freezing dog it would be bad to change it to "only short hunts because of it is getting cold".

So with the free basic dog vest, nothing changes for you.

But with the warm arctic dog vest, e.g. your dog is learning faster.

MfG L.E.

Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

OK this may be a silly question, but since the dog does NOT spook animals why purchase any vest other than looks? I've had deer trip on my dog and not spook. He can run in circles baying around a live (wounded) one that laid down without spooking it, when you get too close it jumps up and bolts. So again why other than looks? Why camo for dogs when dogs don't spook? Do the retrievers spook animals?
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Reggy wrote:OK this may be a silly question, but since the dog does NOT spook animals why purchase any vest other than looks? I've had deer trip on my dog and not spook. He can run in circles baying around a live (wounded) one that laid down without spooking it, when you get too close it jumps up and bolts. So again why other than looks? Why camo for dogs when dogs don't spook? Do the retrievers spook animals?
There has been times that it has spooked wounded animals seemingly but you never know if they just decided to start fleeing again after being stationary for a while. It does happen afterall and it´s just a coincidence it happens as the dogs arrives. Sometimes it felt like moose does spook a bit earlier then otherwise when letting the dog roam free but again can´t say for sure :)
testbreaker
Tracker

Post by testbreaker »

knott wrote:
Reggy wrote:OK this may be a silly question, but since the dog does NOT spook animals why purchase any vest other than looks? I've had deer trip on my dog and not spook. He can run in circles baying around a live (wounded) one that laid down without spooking it, when you get too close it jumps up and bolts. So again why other than looks? Why camo for dogs when dogs don't spook? Do the retrievers spook animals?
There has been times that it has spooked wounded animals seemingly but you never know if they just decided to start fleeing again after being stationary for a while. It does happen afterall and it´s just a coincidence it happens as the dogs arrives. Sometimes it felt like moose does spook a bit earlier then otherwise when letting the dog roam free but again can´t say for sure :)
The reason I have for putting a vest on my scent dog is visibility. In most maps my dog wears the orange vest so I can see it from afar. The retrievers do spook animals even with the camo vests on.

Return to “Kennel”