The time my hunting dog stayed loyal

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
mudthang
Spotter

The time my hunting dog stayed loyal

Post by mudthang »

There's a reason they say a dog is a hunter's best friend. They'll stick by you through thick and thin no matter how much it's pouring down in Hirschfelden or when you encounter mysterious whale calls in the Rougarou Bayou like DeadClopz did recently. I was reminded of this on a trip to Timbergold Trails (or as that launcher-whatchamadoo more accurately calls it "Timbergold Trials"). I was interested in these wolf packs I've been hearing about.

Up there in a treestand I waited for an eternity but no wolves appeared. Finally a lone mule doe walked by and I thought "Dang it, I need the practice" so I lined up what I thought was a decent head shot with my crossbow. I knew I'd hit her because she scampered off like a frightened filly. I swear my trusty dog Dex looked at me sidewise as if to say "You didn't just do that did you?" I ignored his embarrassed stare and we started tracking the blood. I swear that dog led me in crazy circles till I wondered if he was broken - as if he didn't want to find that mule deer.

Finally I saw a dead doe up ahead but he just wouldn't bark. It's as if Dex knew how much he didn't want to find that downed doe. As if to say, "Well, if you really want to do this..." he walked slowly towards the doe. As we got closer and I looked for where my crossbow bolt hit (or arrow as folks round here call'em) I realised why Dex had been acting so strange. The utter shame of it!

To read about DeadClopz and the bayou whale see http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=77332

Awesome webapp for tH stats from David aka caledonianblues
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: The time my hunting dog stayed loyal

Post by Radamus »

:lol: Best read of my day so far!Your dog doesn't even want his face in the photo so as not to be recognized back at camp by his peers.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
mudthang
Spotter

Post by mudthang »

Thanks Radamus - it really made me chuckle too and reminds me how this game continues to throw entertaining curve balls
Awesome webapp for tH stats from David aka caledonianblues
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

Ahh, good dogs! I never go hunting without my faithful companion.

MfG L.E.

EW_Stefan
Scout

Post by EW_Stefan »

Dex really looks like he´s questioning this whole situation - Nice story :D
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Our dogs maybe loyal, but they sure don't like sharing what they have to put up with. :lol:

Return to “Kennel”