What's the maximum distance your dog has fetched?

Discuss everything and anything related to dogs in theHunter.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Re: What's the maximum distance your dog has fetched?

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Tuck_SFA wrote:I wonder if there will be a Competition for longest fetch distance?

Very doubtful for the reason that your experiment uncovered. Any one could simply shoot a rabbit from 150m and then walk further away with dog in tow until you get to an elevation that gives you the maximum distance calculated. All because the dog stats are not recorded on fetching or if they are, they are not available to us.
Last edited by Alphamale1956 on July 2nd, 2015, 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Post by Tuck_SFA »

Point A is the dead rabbit location.
Point B is the location I took when giving a fetch command for rabbit #1.
Point D is the location I took when giving a fetch command for rabbit #2.

Hypotenuse is the side opposite the right angle.

C is the right angle of triangle ABC. A to C is the flat surface, fetch render distance and is less than 151m. The hypotenuse of rabbit #1 is A to B. (162m)
E is the right angle of triangle ADE. A to E is the flat surface, fetch render distance and is less than 151m. The hypotenuse of rabbit #2 is A to D. (177m)
insub wrote:a pheasant 220 meters away at hirsch
Rest assured, 150m is maximum fetch render distance on a flat surface. Imagine how high on Hirshfelden you would have to be to have a hypotenuse of 220m. (I've long forgotten how to get the height. Someone who knows math, would you enlighten me? Base of 150m, hypotenuse of 220m) Pretty sure no tower on any hill will get you that high on that map. But, show me if you can.
Spoiler:
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

With a Hypotenuse of 220 and a short leg of 150. the elevation would be 160.9m. Know anywhere you can be 161m higher than the harvest? If so it's possible. And shame on you Tuck for forgetting the Pythagorean Theorem... :)
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

The elevation angle from the harvest to the point on the mountain that you would have to climb to, is roughly 47 degrees. This is calculated by the following: Sin (x) = opposite leg/hypotenuse or Sin (x) = 161/220. To solve for (x) the elevation angle, we take the arcsin of (161/220) or Sin^-1 (161/220) which equals roughly 47 degrees which seems about right. Unfortunately, theHunter does not provide surveyors tools in the game. Perhaps they will offer them in a future SALES promo....LOL
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

2m and it was a sausage
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Re:

Post by Alphamale1956 »

jpm1 wrote:2m and it was a sausage

Sauage or Snausage?
Reminds me of Ol' Yellow dog (the golden lab Chevy Chase had in Funny Farm). That dog wouldn't move even when his tail was on fire. LOL

https://youtu.be/GlZAs44SJoo
insub
Hunter

Post by insub »

Tuck_SFA wrote:insub, sorry, but you're going to have to show some proof of that 220m. No hills that high on that map that I know of.

it was the first week they came out, we were testing how far they would fetch. i shot a pheasant with the 22 at just under render and my dog went and got it. other people were there i dont have to prove it to anyone,i know what i saw
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Post by Tuck_SFA »

insub wrote: it was the first week they came out, we were testing how far they would fetch. i shot a pheasant with the 22 at just under render and my dog went and got it. other people were there i dont have to prove it to anyone,i know what i saw
I checked all the hunts the person named insub, with a HS of 711, had on Hirshfelden, twice. The longest pheasant shot was 125m on the 11th. http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/insub ... n/49882925 It was in a flat field. So, that can't be the one.

Would appreciate you posting the hunt this shot was made in and I would like to check out the map location to try and duplicate your effort.

I'm not saying a 220m fetch can't be made. Just find it difficult to find the spot on that map to do it.
Spoiler:
insub
Hunter

Post by insub »

Tuck_SFA wrote:
insub wrote: it was the first week they came out, we were testing how far they would fetch. i shot a pheasant with the 22 at just under render and my dog went and got it. other people were there i dont have to prove it to anyone,i know what i saw
I checked all the hunts the person named insub, with a HS of 711, had on Hirshfelden, twice. The longest pheasant shot was 125m on the 11th. http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/insub ... n/49882925 It was in a flat field. So, that can't be the one.

Would appreciate you posting the hunt this shot was made in and I would like to check out the map location to try and duplicate your effort.

I'm not saying a 220m fetch can't be made. Just find it difficult to find the spot on that map to do it.

if you went through all that trouble i believe you, it might have been a goose. lol i know the conclusion we made at the end of the hunt was if you shoot it, the dog will go get it. it retrieved a couple birds. one around 200 and i think 217 was the other... and another person had his dog there, his bird retrieved some of the long shots as well. i wouldnt be saying this if it didnt happen ;)
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Post by Tuck_SFA »

Ok, found it. 227m http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/insub/score/374676196

Will go check it out.
Spoiler:

Return to “Kennel”