The hunter Primal, some news ?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

The hunter Primal, some news ?

Post by ehr_kimahn »

Hello,

I am a french user of the hunter (for the bow hunting;)), but also of the hunter primal, who is a very good hunter simulator with dinosaurs. I waited for this game since a long time.

I like the principle of the hunter primal :

- excellent gameplay
- Dinosaurs are very successful
- the difficulty with the carnivorous dinosaurs.
- find his equipment on the map (survival).
- the multiplayer
- good framerate

The atmosphere of the island is very good. I find that the landscape is upper to other maps of the hunter.

But there is some more of bug, and the game -for a "standalone"- is lacking contents.

- The movements of dinosaurs are blocked by some objects of the landscape.
- The dinosaur's behavior is a little bit repetitive. The quetzal does not nest, the other dinosaurs do not rest. Carnivores do not eat other dinosaurs (carcasses for example). There are no interactions between dinosaurs.
- There are zones of the map without specific interest (new dinosaur in specific territory, specific equipment etc.)
- for multi, the avatars of the players are ugly and not enough diversified, and we do not see carried equipments in game.

I would like to know what are the projects of developers for this game : Is the project abandoned ? Or shall have we novelties.
There is unfortunately a lack of communication of developers. And it's a pity.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =565046598

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =565046942

PS : I am ready to invest in addons to improve the contents.
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: The hunter Primal, some news ?

Post by L3M182 »

hey man, i think primal came out pretty much a year this week. there was quite a bit of upset in thehunter community about it claiming it will take the focus away from this game. if you search the forums around nov/dec 2014 you will probably find the official statement made by EW, i seem to remember them saying it was gone be a 1 time deal and unless it took off there wasn't plans for future development.

http://steamcharts.com/app/322920#All and as you can see from this link its very much petered out in the last 6 months. A long story short bud, i wouldn't get your hopes up. Especially seeing how this game is still suffering a good number of issues atm, i think all focus is on thehunter for a far bit of time yet.
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

Yes the main criticism of the players was the lack of contents. Many players were disappointed not to see any more new contents. And it's true, yesterday we were not any more 129 players online.

Then, I am not sure that steam was the good place for this type of game who is not (for me) general public, just like The hunter. We see moreover on steam numerous bad criticisms for The hunter. Nevertheless, here, we are many to appreciate it.

I think that it is a game with a lot of potential, the theme of dinosaurs is very well thought, certainly the most realistic FPS with dinosaurs. (ARK for example is a heroic fantasy, not a realistic game).
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Post by Cogsy666 »

Believe it or not it got an update today from what i saw on steam new Rex and new weapons.
Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24
Dukkers
Scout

Post by Dukkers »

A full auto 5.56? That's not even allowed for deer in the hunter and its supposed to do more then annoy a trex?
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Dukkers wrote:A full auto 5.56? That's not even allowed for deer in the hunter and its supposed to do more then annoy a trex?
Now why in gods name would you even use a fully automatic 5.56 machine gun to hunt deer?
Of course it makes sense to use in Primal. EVERYTHING in Primal is out to kill you. Last I checked, we aren't dealing with bloodthirsty whitetails in TH lol. And also, whoever said the 5.56 was effective vs. a T-Rex? ;) Now, Utahraptors and Velociraptors.....
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

The 5.56 is probably more intended for the PvP players who want to be Rambo.
It is after all a A.P. weapon as described.
The only thing is that .. how come the ammo weight is so heavy? Even more than the 308.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “theHunter: Primal”