For Knut

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
Mills
Outfitter

For Knut

Post by Mills »

A strange coincidence happened to me this morning. As I was meandering through my Twitter feed I stumbled across this image that came from an account I follow called "Most Wow Facts":

Since it's winter or close enough now... have you been in preparations to freeze yourself? :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
I learn something new every day!
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: For Knut

Post by DanthemanBoone »

About three or four years back I did a couple of hunts with Knut on Hemmeldal.
I vividly recall that during one session we spent an inordinate amount of time tracking a wounded Moose.
So maybe he does exhibit some of the frozen frog like characteristics mentioned in the article.

I might have to check the friend list after this comment to see if I'm still listed with Him.
LOL..
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The trick is that the German subspecies of that frog does apply plenty of antifreeze we call "Schnaps" to live merrily and actively all through winter!

Fun facts aka. the nerd telling some finer details no one wants to read in facebook comments: while the two species of frog living in Alaska can tolerate very low temperatures and even freeze, no such thing as an "Alaskan Wood Frog^" exists. The species "wood frog" is distributed in the whole American north, from Alaska to the Canadian east coast and even down to the southern Apalaches. And the picture doesn't show this species. It seems actually to be no real frog at all but just a frosted garden ornament.
DanthemanBoone wrote:I might have to check the friend list after this comment to see if I'm still listed with Him.
LOL..
I have the honour of being your friend only on steam...
And I wasn't aware that I stressed your patience with that moose tracking :D - for me old fart time did just fly by then... Good times.

Nice to receive such a warm welcome back, guys!
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Moved to <General Off Topics>

Return to “General Off Topics”