Survivalist weapon

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Survivalist weapon

Post by Radamus »

MooseHunter330 wrote:Not talking about the regular Brenneke. I mean the "Opal Magnum".
Moose, that IS the same slug design I'm speaking of. The powder, wad and alloy might be different, but that's the basic Brenneke slug. I still have the first one out of the first box I ever bought because the first thing we did was cut one open and weigh everything and eyeball the burn rate of the powder flakes. i remember reading up on Brenneke one time and it was pretty cool for us to get ammo out of Germany. Back then all we had a choice of was weight of the same soft lead thimble shaped hollow crap. I remember punching holes in paper and these were the first slugs you could actually group within inches using iron sights. The standard Foster design were not in the same category as these things were. I wouldn't blink taking a 100m plus shot with them on a deer for example, money in the bank!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

Alright. I didn't realize, what you were writing about. Thought you were just talking about the load, that is being sold as "Classic" these days.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

MooseHunter330 wrote:Alright. I didn't realize, what you were writing about. Thought you were just talking about the load, that is being sold as "Classic" these days.
IMO, best shotgun slugs ever made for non-rifled barrels. Fosters would even tumble and keyhole paper but I'll never forget looking at the first holes in paper, they "cut" out the hole perfectly like a die press- each fin notch perfectly square edges just like the rifling fins *which makes the coolest swooshing sound cutting the air* so we knew they were spinning and stabilized. For slug gun hunters, it WAS a big deal. They will always be my first choice in slugs for smooth barrel - again, versatility, you can't shoot shot through a rifled slug barrel- well, you can but the rifled spin throws the pellets out like a giant pinwheel :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

@ Hawkeye: my friend had a 4.5mm Daisy carbine with a pump on it in the 80s (no CO² needed), that's why i made a research on YT and i came through these. well i guess all you need to know is in the vid above and on that vid here

Return to “General Off Topics”