theHunter & my son's cancer battle

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: theHunter & my son's cancer battle

Post by Radamus »

Great update Bear. All we can do is hope and pray the trend continues to be a positive one for you and your son. The bid C is an evil monster and we have never been better at beating it than we are today as a society but it still wins too often.
Best wishes to James.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BearHunter
Tracker

Post by BearHunter »

Thank you all for the great kind words and of encouragement and best wishes for my son,
It truly means a lot from each and every one and really touches my heart that so many people care and want to keep up on his status, I am so glad to be a member of a great community the hunter it is more then just a game, it is a big family, and that reminds me last spring The Valentines event all the best wishes and hearts that were sent to my son, and he had said Dad I don't no that many people to send me them all,
But because of all the medication he was under he could not quite really understand it, but it did make him so happy wanting me lol to have it open all the time to see all the hearts that kept coming,
something so small meant the world to him and was able to bring him a bit of happiness in a time where I am not sure how you could still find any, but he is one tough little guy and fights and fights through it all,
Again thank you to every one here right up to the staff themselves that always try and Alena who has been a big part in that all.
Sincerely
Bear.
BearHunter
Tracker

Post by BearHunter »

Well I would like to start with a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all, I could not believe how kind people staff Doctors other patients can be, Woke up this morning to find the entire staff and Doctors also all had chipped in to buy me one of those new smart TVs, a huge 55' so I could play the hunter on, not sure if that was a hunt for me to leave there giant screen alone they let me use in the Doctors lounge just joking what an amazing gift to receive, This is my seconds sons Christmas now spent in the hospital and it has been a long journey, And unfortunately it has taken a toll on my health which is very poor at present ut they are doing there best to treat me as well as my son because all we have is each other no family left nothing, My sons health well he is still up and down more down but on the road o beating the 2 cancers he has which is promising, and would also like to say to Hoo and Flanker that care and are always wondering about my son and who my son looks up to the both of them they have done so much for him and would like to say a special Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the both of them from James and also to the entire staff and hunter community that send there thoughts and prayers always, to that I can never say thank you enough.
Bear and James
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

Great to hear from you two!!
You've done an amazing job, Bear. Just sticking around your son is all he needs, apart from healing. I believe you are one of those examples where a dad offers almost anything for the life of his child. It touches me. I have a massive respect for you.
And for James. Tell him we still think about him, even though this thread has cooled off a bit. Tell him to hang in there and never loose faith.
Tell him he's a hero. And he has the best dad he could wish for.

I pray for both of you and the only other thing we all can do is hope for a better year. I hope next Christmas will be at home, healthy and all.
Like I told you, if I ever have the opportunity to drop by, I will. Few obstacles on the way, but we'll see.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Flanker

Btw: pretty cool doctors! :shock:
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Thank you Bear for the update of the present status with James, you, and family. :D

With the modern science technology, education and highly trained medical physicians that we are blessed to have at our calling, our lives and health can be fortunate that we can recover from otherwise conditions that would be detrimental to our lives, and daily living.

Many times, each moment, we draw our strength from those who love us, and stand beside us through life's extremely difficult experiences, our family. James is very blessed to have you with him throughout this ordeal, and from what you have shared with us, I hope he will continue to recover and rise above this crippling disease.

As a continuing survivor myself, three years ago this month I had my first surgery after being diagnosed with Bladder Cancer, and with faith, hope, and the very best medical teams, I continue to be cancer free presently and although it will require me to have follow-ups, probably for the remainder of my life, I am truly blessed each day. :D

Thanks goes out to The Hunter Staff and members who are also there for us, and those who love this experience with modern computer game design, that, believe it or not, helps keep us together, and also helps us to keep it together. :D

Please continue to keep us updated, and give James and family our very best wishes and hopes for his continued recovery.
Have a very safe Merry Christmas and wonderful New Year. :D
With the best of Love, Hope, and Faith,
Swampfox/Tom 8-)
Spoiler:
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

Hello Bear and James,

my best wishes to both of you keep youre heads up. We all hope, and my fingers are crossed, you two get a better 2016.
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

I wish you the best for 2016 . no doubt James is very lucky to have a father like you
Manu5Ahau
Scout

Post by Manu5Ahau »

Glad i found you here men! You and your son rock! You are a great sport!
Always in my mind! My thoughts are with you.
BearHunter
Tracker

Post by BearHunter »

Thank you as always Flanker for the kind words and encouragement and to Swampfox it is sure nice to hear you are a survivor of 3 years now glad to hear and hope al the best to you and your health and it stays the way it is yes indeed this game I cant say anything bad about it yes sure it has its problems but I don't no what I would have done in over the past 2 years it sure has gave me an outlet and just time to get away well not away but to myself to keep myself together on lots of ays when I am still not sure how I do it or have done it, I get asked that a lot and cant really answer that question because when you are told your son has a very low chance of survival that is quite the blow then not even a few months later while under going chemo and all that to be told well sorry your son now has a second cancer on top of the third and it is brain cancer and they gave him no chance to make it at all, but so far he is and he is in the medical journal and he is on the way to beating it and if things go the way they are we will be home for next Christmas and he will be the only child to ever beat brain cancer let alone 2 types of cancer, it is still a long road of watching him suffer through it all and so look forward to the day the Doctor says we can get on that air plane and go back home finally, So Hope all out there have a Great Happy New Years tonight and be smart and be safe and again thank you from myself Bear and James to every body in this big giant family, sure looking forward to leaving 2013 to 2015 behind and so look forward to 2016 what it brings us, again thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Hi BearHunter and James,
Thanks for these news about you. Happy New Year 2016 to you both and your family, friends and those who matter to you.
I also wish you all the courage as my mom do actually against these disease. Don't never give in and continue the fight.
My thoughts and prayers are for you.

Return to “General Off Topics”