theHunter & my son's cancer battle

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
BrandonH
Tracker

Re: theHunter & my son's cancer battle

Post by BrandonH »

Best wishes from PA!! I hope there is a trophy roos waiting for him opening day!! :)
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

You're in our thoughts & prayers BearHunter. I'd be honored if you'd join in on one of my hunts when I'm able to get online. God bless.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

BearHunter wrote:Wow RickC you have had your share of this terrible disease yourself and how hard it is on yourself and what it does, such a terrible terrible disease, You would think I noticed anyways in the past few years the increase in children getting cancer and loosing the battle so sad to say the least, You would think with so many kids with al sorts of devastating types of cancer which children don't deserve they haven't even started to live and enjoy life, My opinion anyways not sure why the governments don't focus more and put into place more money for research, They sure have the money to spend in lots of places that doesn't need it, I am in no way putting our military down but they sure pour the funds into wars and new technology but why does the government need to stick there noses where it don't belong and let lots of these places resolve it between each other, My prayers and thoughts are with you as well and your family
yes but cancer is much less taboo than before . there are quite a lot of people that had or themselves or their parents that disease . and there are much more survivors nowadays too . before you lived with you shame you didn't talk to anyone and a cancer ended often in the worst scenario . today people talk more easily of their disease and all the cancers survivors i've talking to , told me that talking of the disease had been very important in their recovery . i've had lot of cancers cases in my family too . cancer is a quite a common disease nowadays . but i also know lot of people that survived . i heard stories of cancers that were said they couldn't be healed and that the persons recovered miraculously in 2 days too (heard from people i'm sure they aren't lyers)
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

Hey Bear! How is James doing? Care to give us a little update?
BearHunter
Tracker

Post by BearHunter »

I would like to start with saying sorry and not having the time to update every body about my son and myself, I haven't been on to play or anything until about a week or 2 ago I been able to start hunting again and doing a lot of helping my son to hunt,
As most of you no my son is and has been fighting cancer and I see the Movember moustaches for raising awareness for cancer which is awesome,

It would be nice maybe in the future the hunter can do something special to raise children's cancer awareness which every year now has been an outrageous amount of kids getting diagnosed with cancer,
I can't say thank you ever enough for all the staff and moderators and the hunter community that has done so much and care so much about my son especially to Flanker and Hoo and also Alena whom got things up and like last Valentines day the event that took place and all the love that was given to my son,
I can't say it has been easy these past few years now that my son has been in the hospital and also myself I have never left his side plus both me and my son are so far from home, but distance does not matter he is in the best place in the world he can be The Hospital for Sick Children which is just an amazing place,
But late last spring my son took a big turn for the worst and has been a huge roller coaster ride not knowing if my son will make it from day to day and as a single dad watching your child go through this I can't begin to explain the feeling of helplessness you have and I do not no how I get through most days it has took a tole on my heath quite a few times also, but the fighter he is and the odds they have given him which were none at all or very little, but he beat those odds, and I am so glad to tell every one a Doctor came over from Germany to the sick children's hospital in Canada after finding out about my son and said he had an experimental chemo that he wanted to try and was very confident that it would work
of course I said yes when your child has no other options But this Doctor I swear is an angel that was sent, I say that because of all the other chemo's and radiation and marrow transplant have all failed but since last June up until now my son has gone from not knowing if he would see tomorrow to getting close to beating and hopefully going into remission soon which a cancer that is near imposable to survive from and hoping continues to go like it has been and can be a survivor,

If I have forgotten any body that has done things to help my son my apologies but again I cannot begin to say thank you enough to each and every person that sends there prayers and is concerned and just cares as a Father that is the best feeling in the world use could give to me, And it is just amazing to see all the great changes that have taken place in the hunter and to Flanker who is a real great friend to my boy and which also my son looks up to and has been enjoying watching all the videos you make, and again I apologize to every body that knows about my son and to those just reading about it that I didn't give an update about how he was doing, I am so grateful and thankful to be a part of this giant family of the hunter community.
Sincerely Bear&James
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

WOW. I was just thinking about you last night.
I was digging back through some of my old posts/threads, looking for a different thread & you came to mind.
So good to hear that an angel was sent to you.
Be strong.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
BearHunter
Tracker

Post by BearHunter »

Thank you so much Violator31
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Nice to hear back from you Bear, and great news about your son! He can be really proud of you being there for him every day. A kind of father everyone can only wish for!

Please give him the best wishes from everyone around here! :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Good to hear from you and your son!

If the Doc comes from Germany, did you know the city? City called "Bad Berka"? There is a cancer-hospital, from which i know that they used firsttime experimental chemos with good results a few years ago. The granny from my wife gets the malicious lungcancer which you can get as human.. every doctor in other hospitals said she has only days/a few weeks, and she lived with the help of the Doc there 4 more good years on this earth.

You can be proud of you for being there for him and i rly hope your son finally beats the cancer!
Now offline. Forever.
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

Good to hear some good news!
Please say hello to James from all of us!!
HooCairs wrote:He can be really proud of you being there for him every day. A kind of father everyone can only wish for!
Amen.

Return to “General Off Topics”