What song are you currently listening to?

Anything not associated with theHunter :)
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: What song are you currently listening to?

Post by JimboCrow »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:Those are all great songs. I love turning on Pandora and playing along with them. They're easy to play and they sound good!
IA, I don't know if you've heard of this guy but it might be right up your alley. It's Saturday night in Sudbury "and the boys are gettin' stinko!" Stompin' Tom, a true Canadian legend.

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

[/quote]

Gord again, but you have to agree, there's never enough when it comes to Lightfoot songs.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Bet you didn't know she's a Canuck too did you? Damn right!!!
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

JimboCrow wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:Those are all great songs. I love turning on Pandora and playing along with them. They're easy to play and they sound good!
IA, I don't know if you've heard of this guy but it might be right up your alley. It's Saturday night in Sudbury "and the boys are gettin' stinko!" Stompin' Tom, a true Canadian legend.

I'd never heard of him, but I enjoyed listening to it. I agree with you on Gordon Lightfoot. I love his stuff. The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is one of my favorite songs.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:I'd never heard of him, but I enjoyed listening to it. I agree with you on Gordon Lightfoot. I love his stuff. The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is one of my favorite songs.
How about this young feller? Ian Tyson, from Longview, Alberta, where he has a cattle ranch. God's country for sure. I fly-fish near there every second year when they open the Highwood River for a couple of months. A mecca for fly-fishermen like me. He still works that ranch his own self!!

I once saw him perform this song live while visiting a friend in Edmonton. It was the dead of winter on a Friday night when it was -30 outside, at a bar which was pretty much empty except for a few tables here and there. He did an impromptu set when a friend of his invited him up on stage. My friend and I looked at each other like we had just seen a ghost. He introduced this song as a new one he had just written. Within half an hour of him getting up on stage the place was standing room only, people calling all their friends, and me and my buddy sitting right up front and centre!!! I still don't know who the singer/band was, I'd never heard of him. One of the luckiest experiences of my life.

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Gordon Lightfoot is fantastic. Canada definitely has a lot of great musicians and artists. Another class act was Jeff Healey. Sadly no longer alive, but he was a fantastic guitarist with a great voice.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

caledonianblues wrote:Gordon Lightfoot is fantastic. Canada definitely has a lot of great musicians and artists. Another class act was Jeff Healey. Sadly no longer alive, but he was a fantastic guitarist with a great voice.
Yes, Jeff Healey was an outstanding guitarist/singer-songwriter. He was famous in Canada from when he was a boy prodigy in Toronto. Traditionally Canadians undervalue their accomplishments as a nation, always in the shadow of the US and the UK, but we have produced some spectacular musical artists, and a lot of internationally famous comedians are Canadian. Thanks cb, for the respect. :)
Timohasan

Post by Timohasan »

\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Cannibal Corpse - A Skeletal Domain

20.02.2018 live in Kassel/Germany
Now offline. Forever.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

JimboCrow wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:I'd never heard of him, but I enjoyed listening to it. I agree with you on Gordon Lightfoot. I love his stuff. The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is one of my favorite songs.
How about this young feller? Ian Tyson, from Longview, Alberta, where he has a cattle ranch. God's country for sure. I fly-fish near there every second year when they open the Highwood River for a couple of months. A mecca for fly-fishermen like me. He still works that ranch his own self!!

I once saw him perform this song live while visiting a friend in Edmonton. It was the dead of winter on a Friday night when it was -30 outside, at a bar which was pretty much empty except for a few tables here and there. He did an impromptu set when a friend of his invited him up on stage. My friend and I looked at each other like we had just seen a ghost. He introduced this song as a new one he had just written. Within half an hour of him getting up on stage the place was standing room only, people calling all their friends, and me and my buddy sitting right up front and centre!!! I still don't know who the singer/band was, I'd never heard of him. One of the luckiest experiences of my life.

That's another great one that I've never heard of. Maybe I'll move to Canada for the music ;)

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda

Return to “General Off Topics”