Rifles | .405 Lever Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
26%
1 - Very poor
5%
2 - Poor
5%
3 - Average
10%
4 - Good
36%
5 - Excellent
17%

Total votes: 58
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: Rifles | .405 Lever Action Rifle

Post by Generalkommendant »

They should design it with the .45-70 Buffalo rifles iron sights as inspiration and fade away the obscuring parts.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I find it hard to believe that Teddy Roosevelt would have loved this rifle if the sights were as poor as they are on this model. The rear ring on the "Lyman's diopter" is an obstruction in the game, and since it is well documented that Teddy Roosevelt did not have good vision, I believe he would not have used it if it was in this condition. He probably liked to see what he was aiming at as much as I do. I rated this rifle average for this, and because it sounds only slightly more powerful than the K98K. Great for running up to Water Buffalo and Bison, and quickly dispatching them at close range. Meh.
Jack.Grave
Outfitter

Post by Jack.Grave »

One small note from myopic person, surprisingly peep sights helps to focus on points/objects at distance. Even today some rifle disciplines are shot with iron sights only for example NRA Palma match of Olympic 300 m prone fullbore rifle. Jack

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I gave it an excellent rating but in truth they could have done a better job with the rear sight. In use a peep/diopter sight becomes translucent. At least to my eyes it does. It doesnt obscure the target at all.

Sp3aker

Post by Sp3aker »

Got this two days ago and have already racked up a high number of feral hog with this so far, loving the gun. I've been mostly a scope sort of shooter for ages and this was a nice way to force myself to use ironsights while still packing a punch. From my experiences w hogs, it normally takes 1 body to make em drop even if it's a non vital and they run a little bit. The speed of the rechamber makes taking multiple targets rather easy so I can tap a few pigs once each then go collect my prizes. The iron sight is okay, still getting used to it but have no issue making 100-140m shots prone or crouched. I really enjoy the gun so far and it could be great to see some sort of scope being attachable later down the line. If you need a gun for shooting multiple big game targets quickly, this is your gun
Kriss18

Post by Kriss18 »

fun no more than that but the model and animations are a great piece of work
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

I see no need to owning this rifle except for Hunterscore.
From what I've heard power wise is the same as .340 Weatherby Magnum Bolt Action Rifle & .45-70 Government Lever Action Rifle.
The way I see it, just take the scopes off those rifles and you have .405 Lever Action Rifle already. :lol:
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
THammer_37

Post by THammer_37 »

votes as good, love the power of the gun, hate the iron sites and no scope options!
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I have a soft spot for historical weapons. This is a non-scoped gun and a real challenge that forced you to play in a certain way. Voted Good.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”