Rifles | .303 British Bolt Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
33%
1 - Very poor
7%
2 - Poor
10%
3 - Average
12%
4 - Good
21%
5 - Excellent
16%

Total votes: 129
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Re: Rifles | .303 British Bolt Action Rifle

Post by Ravenousfox »

Eraser_SK wrote:Rated poor... if you want some WW2 old rifle better buy Kar98k... this one have lack of penetration. Im very dissapointed.
What?! go to my vid at 5:14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmZZkWlDaA4
.303 Rifle is great.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Ravenousfox wrote:
Eraser_SK wrote:Rated poor... if you want some WW2 old rifle better buy Kar98k... this one have lack of penetration. Im very dissapointed.
What?! go to my vid at 5:14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmZZkWlDaA4
.303 Rifle is great.
Well maybe i expect too much from this weapon... maybe i give this weapon another chance after this video.
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

I think some of you are missing the point with the .303.

Nobody should buy this weapon for top-tier performance. If you want that, go buy the .300 or a 7mm. The only real reason to buy the .303 is for historical flavour. Now I bought it for that reason and I have fired it 140 times and I love it. It may be the best looking weapon in the game: the reload, the scope...it's just a joy to look at. Is it weak? Well...comparitvely yes it is, it won't do what a .300 can do and it does not have the best scope...but that shouldn't be why you buy this weapon. You buy it for it's gorgeous looks and rich history.

I also find it to be powerful enough. It isn't going to slaughter big game but the deer species, if your shooting is right, won't make it very far after being hit.

I gave the weapon an 'excellent' simply because as a historical weapon, for the sounds, the looks...it is.

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I found it very underwhelming. I understand a classic scope, not expected a zoom but would've been handy. (keep it authentic)

but I expected more penetration from this gun. I have Skullshots on Roe deer at 50ish meter being registered as a body shot. below 100m Roedeer Single lung.

The rifle itself looks very, very nice!
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

not sure exactly why but why does it cost so much for what it is?
600em$ for this on sale for 396em$
When i could buy a .30 R O/U for the same price and have many more scope options along with more power(assuming)
Just seems like alot of the new rifles are 600em$ now but the old rifles havent changed price even though some are much worse all around.

This rifles looks great, has 1 low powered scope, but its weak.
.30 R is strong, 2 quick shots, looks great, 5 scope options from 2-6x all the way to a 5.5-22x
for the same price its a no brainer.
Nathan22Outdoors
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Nathan112244 wrote:This rifles looks great, has 1 low powered scope, but its weak.
.30 R is strong, 2 quick shots, looks great, 5 scope options from 2-6x all the way to a 5.5-22x
for the same price its a no brainer.
You don't buy this rifle because it's efficient. It's some kind of nostalgia thing I guess. (Of course you'll have to buy it for next year's "Tweed & Rifles" ;) )

If it were only about performance and getting the best "package", every player would only have to buy three or maybe four rifles and he'd have everything he needs.
Image Image Image
Templar1975

Post by Templar1975 »

My favorite rifle in the game, I may be biased however. Never really noticed an issue with penetration but I wouldn't be trying to compare it with a .300 or 7mm Mag.
I recommend it to anyone wanting a piece of classic history. It is after all the longest-serving military bolt-action rifle still in official service.
Exploatores

Post by Exploatores »

I havn´t shoot that much with it. even as the scope isn´t the best was my first animal was a sika deer from 113 m. You got to compare it with something that is in the same category. Is it better or worst then the other milsurp rifles and medium rifles. to compare it with say 9.3*62 Anschütz 1780 With a 5.5 -22*56 scope or the 7mm breakaction isn´t fair.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Jus' recently picked this up. I have had good success with it, and find it to knock down Moose too. However, a long ranger it isn't. Still, easily worth the EM$ imo. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

Rated: Good

Pros:
*EXTREMELY light ammo weight compared to most other rifle ammunition (0.25 units, just like .22LR & .17HMR)
*Beautiful in-game model and texturing
*Decent permitted species list (coyote thru moose, shared list with 7x54mmR)

Cons:
*"Mid-weight for caliber," lower sectional density bullet = lower penetration (150gr w/ .310-.312 dia. bullet)
*Only 1 optical scope option (fixed x4)
*Expensive $em cost in comparison to other options (should be 500-550 $em considering the .308 Anschutz [500$em], .30-06 Lever [550$em], & 7.62x54R Mosin [550])

My main like is the low weight of the ammo. I can carry 4 boxes of ammo for 1.0 capacity cost and still take moose, elk, and hogs. I also recall when .303BRIT was also the cheapest ammunition in-game (though I was a member so it didn't matter). I guess they balanced it out by making .303BRIT the weakest of the "Moose" caliber rifle ammo. I just like to role-play and say it is just some cheap mil-surp ammo that Doc is getting rid of.

All-in-all, this is a good all-rounder rifle that can take a majority of the mid-large game in all the reserves, especially the deer families. Keep shots closer and on target and you should have great success!
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

Return to “Store Item Reviews”