Rifles | .303 British Bolt Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
33%
1 - Very poor
7%
2 - Poor
10%
3 - Average
12%
4 - Good
21%
5 - Excellent
16%

Total votes: 129
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Re: Rifles | .303 British Bolt Action Rifle

Post by BuiuRei »

fastd wrote:Glad I read this post before i went and bought it...looks like a bullpup for me.
I don't own the .303 but afaik it is quite the opposite of the bulpup, visually and ballisticaly. I just don't understand your comment; are you comparing both or are you getting the bulpup instead?
Spoiler:
JK_ElkHunter
Outfitter

Post by JK_ElkHunter »

Was gonna buy this, good I read this before I bought it.
Spoiler:

muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

After updated ammo issued on 11/8/2015, the 303 now drops Red deer much more effectively. Would now rate it excellent, I liked the rifle already, the new bullet has upped its game.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I got it when it came out, kind of hated the ammo because it was all wrong - Derpy's picture made me laugh - but I took it out last night and shot some stuff, mucho better! I still haven't rated it because other than nostalgia it didn't really fill any gap imo - I like the 8mm Mauser best if we're going 1940's military because of it's awesome power. And I like the gritty scopes, reminds me of that movie "Enemy at the gates" When I have that I am Vasily - I know I know, it's not the correct weapon but give a little for the moment. I'm sure we'll get a Mosin someday.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Geredis
Spotter

Post by Geredis »

I love the rifle when I tried it out; however I just...really hate the 4x scope that is the only one it is compatible with.
Spoiler:
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

very good on medium sized animals , not really tested on big game at this point . that rifle has a particularity it's the only one in the shop that will down any game big game without damaging it . the few animals i've shot so far with it makes me think that that rifle is , like American say some bad medecine . voted excellent for the high versability
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

pretty nice looking gun but not most powerful.

video i did looking at it.

D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Ill rate it very poor. It looks good, sounds good, handles nicely - nice reload speed, good speed for shooting at more than one target. I own a lot of the more modern rifles and wanted to grab a more old school one. Should have informed myself before i got this one, only going after looks.

But other than looks and handling its absolute,ultra garbage, so is the horrible scope. Zero penetration or stopping power. Pretty sure it would have a better effect using it as a melee weapon, beating the crap out of the animals than actually shooting at them.

U know , i get it , its maybe usable and all and somewhere has its place but why would i bother to struggle with this one when there are at least 10 better and more viable options.

Probably still going to use it a lot more cause its so damn sexy and i want to put the money ive spent to a use.

If you are a collector - grab it. If you are a newer player looking for a good rifle addition - buy something else like one of the 8x57 IS Anschütz or K98 or the Bullpop or get yourself a kebap and a coke for the money :lol:
Last edited by D3AKUs on June 16th, 2017, 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I like this old school beauty. I have recently been using it again a fair amount, and although it's not as powerful as I would like (and as everyone seems to agree) it is a real treat to hunt medium sized game with. On BRR it's a riot. You can take any of the permitted species there down with it, even at long distances. The scope is weak but functional, however the animation and sound are just superb. (All of the classic rifles are at their very best when used on BRR.) If you can get it on sale including scope for around 600 it's a very good buy. Heckuva lot of fun to hunt the new goats with. :D
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Rated poor... if you want some WW2 old rifle better buy Kar98k... this one have lack of penetration. Im very dissapointed.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”