Rifles | 7mm Magnum Break Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
14%
1 - Very poor
1%
2 - Poor
2%
3 - Average
5%
4 - Good
19%
5 - Excellent
59%

Total votes: 237
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Re: Rifles | 7mm Magnum Break Action Rifle

Post by Cartoon Head »

But both the .300 and Bullpup are ugly as sin, this is BEAUTIFUL.
P*Funk
Spotter

Post by P*Funk »

I don't see how the .300 is ugly. Its just utilitarian. The black one is like generic bolt action rifle look. Not pretty, not ugly, not anything but function. Bullpups however are almost by rule ugly with those preposterously bulging rears. The Tavor is just about the only pretty Bullpup I think.

There is something about how this rifle tapers towards the front I don't like. Meanwhile I think the lever guns are all better looking, even the rough featured 30-06.
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Post by Cartoon Head »

Hell yeah, the levers are much more sexy, I just got the engraved 30-30, I don't care how much it sucks, it looks awesome.

the issue I have with the .300 other than it's boring looks is how you shoulder the weapon, it looks as though it is in the middle of your chest.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Well this is one sided on the poll. Most votes are excellent just because it can drop most animals with ease. :roll:
I assume all the high powered rifles are the same in votes as well. Bet most didn't even rate it on looks, sound, reload animation of the weapon.

I'd say it's good but not excellent I don't much like the look of it myself.
Reload animation is nice, each shot you have to reload when you fire.
Sound of the rifle is fine.
Also it has a different walking animation with the weapon out it bobs up and down instead of side to side. Which I don't like, it clips through your right arm for the most part.
Not a clear perfect 10/10 excellent more like a 8/10 for me if I had to give it a score out of 10.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Beautiful rifles - both of them. Hovewer I like somehow Stambecco even more than engraved version. It occupies less inventory space than some other powerful rifles - and this goes for rifle itself and ammo as well. Thanks to break-action it gives somewhat different, unique, more "climatic" feel to me too.

I think, might be wrong, but 7mm RM in game is slightly underpowered when compared with .300. At given distances, IRL there should not be as signifficant difference between those two calibers penetration capabilities, even with given projectiles weight (actualy .300 would penetrate better, but there's no animals in the game for now, that would make the differance realy noticable). But still, this in-game round is enough powerful for most permitted species at any range. One should watch out only for moose (and since I've not tested yet personaly, but I assume that also for bison), with is rather tough anyway.

This fact, with addition to mentioned earlier valors of specific rifles, and noted by more experienced players, relatively small wobble, makes those rifles realy good choice for newbies, and in general for all, as all-round rifle. :)
Alderman

Post by Alderman »

Rated Excellent

Great, good looking, lightweight gun. Even at level 1 almost no sway and from my experience hardly any bullet drop beyond 150m. Takes down everything very reliable, however I would not use it (again) on Bison. Also a pretty nice cadence for a break action single shot rifle.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Excellent.

When purchasing my first rifle, I looked for something that could take big game, deer, medium-sized, everything. I wanted a weapon I could use on most things, which was accurate and powerful.

I eventually settled on the 7mm, and for the faster/lack of reload times I chose the Bullpup. I've used that for many, many kills; almost all of my hunts are just heavy recurve for short range and bullpup for long. But I've always loved the look of the Stambecco, and decided to buy it when it was on sale recently.

I am not at all regretting it. The reload time is still very fast, and the weapon is absolutely gorgeous--beautiful to look at and carry around. I'm a sucker for rich red-browns, and the red-brown and black of this rifle just looks fantastic. It looks smooth and well-made. The sound is great. It feels like a classic hunting rifle; it feels like one of those weapons that'll be a proper hunter's companion.

As far as performance: reload time is great. Accuracy is pin-point even at very long range. Power is great. Can't complain about it in any way. I'm sort of wishing I'd picked this one up instead of the Bullpup, but the latter's been such a workhorse for me that I can't knock it, either. It was great for learning the caliber's abilities, and forgiving with the magazine, but honestly this weapon will be my new go-to.

And hey, it looks great in trophy shots. :)

rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Sleek looking gun. Use it way too little.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

5 - Excellent

Crazy penetration at long range.

Very accurate in the right hands.

The best weapon in the game possibly.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”