Clothing | Ghillie Suit

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
20%
1 - Very poor
9%
2 - Poor
14%
3 - Average
14%
4 - Good
20%
5 - Excellent
24%

Total votes: 148
MeistaRulez
Scout

Re: Clothing | Ghillie Suit

Post by MeistaRulez »

Don't like it at all.

First of all, you're constantly checking the huntermate camo-app to see if the suit is in effect.
And even if it is, it doesn't have any useful advantage over the B&C clothes, at least for me.

I thought that it might be useful for bow-hunting, but it ultimately isn't. It doesn't seem to provide any
visual reduction while being crouched (and NOT moving), at all. Tested it on roe deer bucks and
they spot me from over 25m away.

So I have to be lying on the ground for it to have any effect ? Great, but I already have the the B&C clothes for that
and those even provide better camo, once you go into crouch-mode to raise the bow and ultimately shoot the animal.

Didn't rate it yet, because I want to test it some more. First impression is poor, though.
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

Only problem is it's bulkiness and the leaves on your wrist agitate my OCD self when aiming with iron sights. However, that's just the nature of a ghillie suit.
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
SloNeZ
Scout

Post by SloNeZ »

The concept is good- The implementation falls way short in my opinion.
Ghillie suits, while becoming infamous due to sniper movies were actually created by Scottish gamekeepers to both hunt animals for royalty and hunt poachers. Neither endeavor would have been successful if the performance of the actual ghillie
even remotely resembled this in game version.
This incessant obsession with negatively altering items for the sake of "game balance" only diminishes the items and the game as a whole.
Hunting is not supposed to be about making everything so challenging that it becomes near impossible to make a kill. Hunting is supposed to be about making a clean, efficient kill with as little stress as possible to the prey.
Making clothes louder and easily spotted, weapons weaker and scents less effective is not the responsible method of hunting.
I have both ghillie suits but every time animals turn and run like the earth is on fire simply because I moved an inch, or because I'm crouching motionless with a full ghillie, face paint and cover scent on and that message pops up telling me i should try the proper clothing so I don't spook the animals I just have to shake my head and wonder why I wasted the EM.
I love the idea of ghillie suits in game, I just wish they performed more like ghillie suits than neon colored potato chip bags like they resemble now.
I mean no disrespect at all, this is just the way I see it as a former hunter and current participant of this game. With a little tweaking they could be a valuable part of the overall experience of theHunter, they're just not there yet, at least for me.
deerman30
Tracker

Post by deerman30 »

I voted average for the concept and design of the clothing itself. However, I think the addition of moderate noise is a little too much of an overkill. Naturally, I thought the name of the game was to locate, position, wait and call in. But right now, that doesn't seem to be the case. It's more of a "don't move a muscle, it's a T-rex" situation. If the acting as a bush and "don't move at all because we want to make it feel balanced" was the point, it makes me feel like the ghillie suit was a practical joke. Don't get me wrong about the reason for this "balance" itself, but if you could tone that noise value by half, that would make us ghillie users much better. It hurts my hunting spirit to know that balances have to be made on something that was supposed to give an advantage. You may tell me that it's for the balancing, but a balanced advantage does not make it an advantage anymore. Where do I rest my case? I would rest it on "Disappointed" if that was an option. For now, average. There's still some room left for those tiny improvements. The developers just have to go for it. :geek:

I Love Big Racks
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

I've changed my opinion of the Ghillie Suit from the few years back.

I'd probably consider the Ghillie Suit good now where as before I'd rate it poor.
If you're crouched and not moving at all I have seen some good results. However the Ghillie Suit doesn't seem to do a thing against Turkey.
Would be nice if the negative Sound Reduction was only Some I think Moderate is a bit too much considering it's only one more Visual Reduction than the Sneaky 3D Suits.

If you're going to purchase the Ghillie Suit don't except to be totally invisible from sight when wearing the Ghillie Suit. Just have fun with it, after all it's fun to become a bush and totally blend in. ;)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
VRMuzZ
Tracker

Post by VRMuzZ »

Don't know if its been updated since 2015.. but I'm not experiencing any of the above problems. As long as you're not running around everywhere it works perfectly.

Return to “Store Item Reviews”