Decoys | Turkey Decoys

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
27%
1 - Very poor
3%
2 - Poor
6%
3 - Average
6%
4 - Good
35%
5 - Excellent
22%

Total votes: 63
Flinter
Scout

Re: Decoys | Turkey Decoys

Post by Flinter »

Violator31 wrote:What happened to the turkey decoy bundle? Right now the female decoy is on sale, so I went to compare that price to the bundle price & it's not there.
I do see the "Whitehart set-up by Jackrbbt" bundle, but I don't need all of that stuff (it does seem like a good bundle though).
I kinda thought that used to exist but if so, it's been gone for quite some time now
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

The turkey decoy bundle That I remember was 450 em$ it consisted of 1 male and 2 females. There was a new one introduced to the store that was supposed to be permanent but never seams to stay. but it also had the callers and I think it was 650em$
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I think this was the link to the new turkey decoy bundle. https://www.thehunter.com/#store/bundle/107
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

RidgeBack69 wrote:I think this was the link to the new turkey decoy bundle. https://www.thehunter.com/#store/bundle/107
Yeah, I did see that one too. Thanks.
But it's 688em$
I just wonder why they got rid of that bundle. If someone that's been around for a while, & has most of the equipment, wants to get some of them they will have to either pay more to get them separately or pay for stuff they already have (then have to go through all the hassle to get rid of the duplicate stuff).

It's not a bad deal right now, with the sale price. It's close to what the old bundle was.
Oh well, I was just wondering why they would have discontinued that bundle.
Thanks guys.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
VRMuzZ
Tracker

Post by VRMuzZ »

Work as intended.. just place a tree stand 20-30m away and start calling them in.
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

Rated: Good

Pros
  • Highly-Effective
  • Lightweight
  • Inexpensive
  • Does not spook on deployment
Cons
  • Cannot go prone when equipped
  • Attract/Distract "lock" time is limited
  • Tom & Hen do not refill each other when placing
Comments
Turkey decoys are a great addition/alternative to camouflage.
If the choice to only use either camo or decoys against turkeys, decoys are a cheaper and more effective choice.

Without camo, turkeys could spot me crouching partially behind cover from 60m+ away.
Without camo but with (3) decoys, I could lure turkeys to less than 30m from behind partial cover without spooking.

This is great for those not wanting to sacrifice their "deer" camo, but run into the occasional turkey during their stalk.
Whenever you hear a gobble, just plant your decoys between you and the turkeys, hide behind some cover, and call them in.
Within minutes you'll have those Tom's in shotgun range just waiting to be plucked!

Placing decoys DO NOT spook animals but know that Tom and Hen decoys do not refill each other; you need to go into your inventory to swap decoys.
Something to keep in mind during Multiplayer games that do not pause when going through inventory.

Even without camouflage, Tom's will roam into shotgun range unaware when using decoys
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

Return to “Store Item Reviews”