Rifle Sights | Aimpoint H34L

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
14%
1 - Very poor
27%
2 - Poor
10%
3 - Average
14%
4 - Good
24%
5 - Excellent
11%

Total votes: 79
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Rifle Sights | Aimpoint H34L

Post by caledonianblues »

Aimpoint H34L
This incredibly fast and accurate sight has ultra modern design features and suits hunters who desire the classical lines of a full length sight. The 34 mm diameter tube design provides improved optical features. Fully waterproof legendary Aimpoint toughness.

Magnification/Power: None
Reticle: Red-Dot
Field Of View: Full

See it here in the store.

Please leave your comments, reviews and media relating to this item below. Screenshots and YouTube videos are welcome.
Knut
Outfitter

Re: Rifle Sights | Aimpoint H34L

Post by Knut »

Both Aimpoint sights are the worst scopes available in Doc's store.

The way they are implemented do not at all reflect how a red dot sight feels like in reality, the FOV through the sight is way too small and the casing obstructs the immediate periphery of the aiming point unnecessarily.
Although the view through the shotgun red dot scope is neither realistic, it at least offers the proper "feel" of aiming with a red dot sight.

A total waste of money in my eyes. I have used both sights once and never again.
Rated "very poor"
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

I don't mind this sight i bought it for a comp and ended up placing 2nd in it on the 1st attempt out with it. Now as Knut said its not realistic it does restrict your FOV more then the RL version one would. Still not completely bad if you like using iron sight but don't like the iron sight set up on any rifle you can use this its a decent Op to iron sights. Could of been made better though.

Rated Average
Last edited by snakeyes32 on October 7th, 2014, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Rated average... Don´t quite see the benefit over iron sights so feels a bit redundant.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Average- purchased to complete missions only.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I don't see any value in the Aimpoint scopes.

Rated "Poor"
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

as a hunter that shoots from close aimpoints are must have for me . concerning that item i rated excellent . aimpoint has 5 or 6 different size for the point , just perfect . and btw http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=59561
Jimmy3hand
Spotter

Post by Jimmy3hand »

Rated Poor

I feel bit forced to buy them if I want to complete all the missions. If the field of view was wider it would be more useful. Don't feel that value is quite there.
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

Rated "good" based upon in-game performance and applicable firearms.

Advantages:
*The red dot allows really quick target acquisition compared to iron sights.
*5 level of "intensity"; 2-10moa(?) dot sizes
*Peripheral vision is not obstructed like with telescoping optics
*Zeroed at 100m, altering a firearm's Maximum Point Blank Range and Point-of-Impact (explained below)

Disadvantages:
*No zoom factor
*Costs em$
*Zeroed at 100m, altering a firearm's MPBR and PoI (explained below)
*Limited to certain rifles

This red dot sight is very handy with either a pinpoint dot or a glowing reflex bead for quick aiming. The main reason to get a red dot is to have the quickness of iron sights, yet be able to see the bottom half of whatever you are aiming at. Additionally, the iron sights of some firearms are not correctly calibrated, but the H34L seems to be zeroed properly.

The main counterpoints to getting the H34L are the costs, no zoom, and the limited weapons list it can be mounted upon. In consideration of the previous reviews, I'm assuming that the H34L has been updated.

(MPBR) Maximum Point Blank Range
This is more for the long range shooter. Assuming that bullet trajectories and bullet drop are reflections of the real world, the change in zero for some cartridges might make them hit lower/higher at longer distances. Why you would use a red dot for long range is the more important question, but assuming it is all you had just mind the slight difference in Point-of-Impact (PoI) compared to iron sights.

Tip: The red dot can be used as a makeshift rangefinder. The largest dot (excluding the "corona") is the same size as the 100m target at the rifle range in Logger's Point. As a general rule of thumb, if your target is covered by that dot, you should move closer.
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

love it, I feel ike I cant get back on my animal quicker after firing
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!

Return to “Store Item Reviews”