Rifles | .30-06 Lever Action Rifle

Forum for collecting user comments, reviews and media relating to all theHunter Store items.

How would you rate this item?

0 - Do not own / have not used
4%
1 - Very poor
2%
2 - Poor
1%
3 - Average
3%
4 - Good
33%
5 - Excellent
57%

Total votes: 274
greylaghunter
Scout

Re: Rifles | .30-06 Lever Action Rifle

Post by greylaghunter »

I have gone back to this rifle as on timberland it can take down all of the species very easly
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

kahuamp wrote:I bought this rifle a couple of hours ago. Managed to lung shoot a wild boar at 106 meters without scope and with level 1 XP.

Lucky shot it might have been, but this only reflects the weapon's qualities at longer ranges. It has become my favorite.
It's not luck if you meant to do it :D ... Pigs at 200m are no problem with this just stay away from the shoulder or hope for a gut shot- they always die with those hits.
Last edited by Radamus on December 20th, 2016, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

kahuamp wrote:I bought this rifle a couple of hours ago. Managed to lung shoot a wild boar at 106 meters without scope and with level 1 XP.

Lucky shot it might have been, but this only reflects the weapon's qualities at longer ranges. It has become my favorite.
I'm not so sure it was a lucky shot if you bought it a couple of hours ago... it's on sale right now! :?
Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Tanngnjostr wrote:if you bought it a couple of hours ago... it's on sale right now! :?
Ouch! ... You know how to slap a guy Marc ... brutal... I think we've all been burned by that one before. But Here's a tip on these sales, the new challenge starts about 7:15pm EST, that's how we get a jump on them here - Whatever is related to the challenge goes on sale right after it seems like. Either way, the 06' is a good deal even at regular price comparatively.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
AngryBadger
Tracker

Post by AngryBadger »

Just got gifted one by Cartoon Head, a prince among men. I'm going to go give it a test run, many pigs are going to suffer for this...Many, many pigs.
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

AngryBadger wrote:Just got gifted one by Cartoon Head, a prince among men. I'm going to go give it a test run, many pigs are going to suffer for this...Many, many pigs.
How do you get or give gifts?
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

Radamus wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:if you bought it a couple of hours ago... it's on sale right now! :?
Ouch! ... You know how to slap a guy Marc ... brutal... I think we've all been burned by that one before. But Here's a tip on these sales, the new challenge starts about 7:15pm EST, that's how we get a jump on them here - Whatever is related to the challenge goes on sale right after it seems like. Either way, the 06' is a good deal even at regular price comparatively.

No worries, I don't regret one bit paying the full price, it's worth the ems and suits my needs. My only purchase that I regret in this game was when I came home from a party and mistook the pheasant caller for the mallard long range. Never usede it and guess I never will, never was interested in duck hunts.
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Post by Cartoon Head »

kahuamp wrote:
AngryBadger wrote:Just got gifted one by Cartoon Head, a prince among men. I'm going to go give it a test run, many pigs are going to suffer for this...Many, many pigs.
How do you get or give gifts?

When you buy EM$ you can select the tick box to purchase as gift, you then get a code to give out, as for how you receive them,that would spoil the magic ;)

And for the topic, 30-06 has been my faveourite rifle in game since day 1, was my first and is still my favourite.
AngryBadger
Tracker

Post by AngryBadger »

It's also the caliber of my first and currently only real life hunting rifle, a lovely Howa 1500 Hunter. I could have saved some money and gone with the model with the Hogue synthetic stock, but I wanted walnut so I took the Hunter version. 30-06 is just so versatile, I can load it with 156 grain bullets and up the velocity for longer range shots, or use the standard 180 grainer for general use, and even load 220gr at 2200fps for when I hunt dense bushy areas where I might need to shoot at closer ranges.
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

Rated "Good" based on in-game performance and consideration towards "historical accuracy."

Advantages:
*6-shot capacity, tubular magazine
*Reasonably quick action for follow-up shots; approx 1.25-1.4sec per shot
*"All-around" caliber gives versatility; permitted for all game EXCEPT: Birds, rabbits, turkeys, foxes, and bison (effectively the lightest/heaviest animals)
*Nice classical aesthetics

Disadvantages:
*Long initial/full reload time; topping off the magazine mitigates the time; approximately 1sec per round
*Only one optic available at the time of this review: 4-8x32mm (26 Mar, 2017)
*Historically inaccurate reproduction of real world firearm specifically in regards to caliber provided (Winchester 1873)

This levergun is the most versatile one out of the 3 currently offered. It will take down game across all the EHR reserves to date. The .30-06 JRN is comparable to the .303 British, .30-06 Springfield (spitzer bullet), and 7.62x54mmR. Penetration is lower than the other bullets due to the round nose profile, but the power will still one-shot-stop most targets within the appropriate range (<70m).

Honestly, I would rate this firearm as excellent, but the biggest issue for me had nothing to do with the in-game performance. The issue is with the fact the gun that it represents has never been chambered in .30-06 Spg. If you look very closely at the receiver of the in-game model, you can see faintly inscribed on it that the caliber is suppose to be ".44-40 Winchester". There are leverguns that chamber the .30-06 Spg: The Winchester 1885, Savage 99, and the currently produced Browning BLR "Lightweight." There has just never been a tube-mag version of one. I try to calm my mind by saying the EHR outfitters customized the actions, receivers, and barrels of some old 1873's they had for a better round.

Aside from my personal feelings, this is an excellent rifle in a versatile caliber!
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

Return to “Store Item Reviews”