I hate the german translations

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Knut
Outfitter

Re: I hate the german translations

Post by Knut »

Tanngnjostr wrote:As Hoo said: you have to keep in mind that the German translations (like all translations as far as I know) are made by a volunteer team
Let me be extremely frank here for the sake of avoiding misunderstandings, although it might be perceived as a bit rough (which is not my intention):

Actually, no one blamed the translators themselves. But the comany.
And EW is at fault when faulty or incomplete translations impede gameplay. QC is a job that needs to be done and organised.
It's a business, not a NPO, so I don't need to be empathic with the poor translators and I don't need to care whether they are volunteers. As a paying customer for a commercial product, I can rightfully complain if things aren't as they should be.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

MrLxq wrote:German trans. is not beta as I know ? Am I right ? They are translating missons, but not correctly. So Im thinking, they are doing that intentionally cause Google Translate is better than them lol.
Apparently you haven't used Google translate much if you believe that.
Knut wrote:And EW is at fault when faulty or incomplete translations impede gameplay. QC is a job that needs to be done and organised.
It's a business, not a NPO, so I don't need to be empathic with the poor translators and I don't need to care whether they are volunteers. As a paying customer for a commercial product, I can rightfully complain if things aren't as they should be.
Agreed if you lost money or a considerable amount of service. But for wrong translations in missions that aren't even mentioned in the T&C? Are you seriously suggesting a QA department that had people to check every language? What if the paid staff make a mistake?
You sound a bit like a Fachidiot here, if I may be frank myself. Everyone have fun translating that one into English. Knut knows what I mean. :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

HooCairs wrote: You sound a bit like a Fachidiot here, if I may be frank myself. Everyone have fun translating that one into English. Knut knows what I mean. :D
:lol:

That's an easy one to translate:
"Nerd" - and I am standing tall and proud being one 8-)
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Knut wrote:
HooCairs wrote: You sound a bit like a Fachidiot here, if I may be frank myself. Everyone have fun translating that one into English. Knut knows what I mean. :D
:lol:

That's an easy one to translate:
"Nerd" - and I am standing tall and proud being one 8-)
Don't speak german but THAT is a bad translation.
Spoiler:
MrLxq

Post by MrLxq »

HooCairs wrote:
MrLxq wrote:German trans. is not beta as I know ? Am I right ? They are translating missons, but not correctly. So Im thinking, they are doing that intentionally cause Google Translate is better than them lol.
Apparently you haven't used Google translate much if you believe that.
I was just joking (:

Return to “Missions”