EW please stop doing this for missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: EW please stop doing this for missions

Post by L3M182 »

so a mission was tricky and it kinda forced a few guys to get social and get it done as a team, enjoyed themselves and will probably hunt again in the future. imagine that............ maybe it was the plan all along.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I think most people here completely missed my point. I don't mind the difficulty. I know it should be a challenge. My point was...why do they have some of these multiple objectives required to be "in the same hunt"?

Enough said. No more.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

To make it more difficult.....
Zaitzev82
Spotter

Post by Zaitzev82 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:[...] unless they were just impossible, like finding a male, blonde, grizzly.
Been trying this one a few times now, there aren't even any bear tracks in the vicinity. ONE time I lucked and got a bear, a common female.

Do I chalk this mission up as actually impossible, or is there a way?
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Zaitzev82 wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:[...] unless they were just impossible, like finding a male, blonde, grizzly.
Been trying this one a few times now, there aren't even any bear tracks in the vicinity. ONE time I lucked and got a bear, a common female.

Do I chalk this mission up as actually impossible, or is there a way?
Which mission are you referring to?

Zaitzev82
Spotter

Post by Zaitzev82 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Which mission are you referring to?
Grizzly Bear - "One Final Trophy" (last mission)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Zaitzev82 wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:Which mission are you referring to?
Grizzly Bear - "One Final Trophy" (last mission)
It took me several hunts to complete this mission. Others I know, did it in one attempt. It's just luck of the spawn. I found my Grizzly nearby Goldhorn Pass. He called from about 100 meters away, and since I had no idea he was blonde, I just ran to him, and let him charge me. You literally have to go see each one to find out if they are blonde or not. Unless you get lucky and just come across one that happens to be blonde. Very difficult to track Grizzlies in the sunlight when they get in the grass. That's why it's easier to run to where they called from.

It's best to have your tracking skills at a level that tells you the gender of the call.

DutchHunter74
Tracker

Post by DutchHunter74 »

I agree with your point Stan, I'm working on "Silent Justice" for almost 2 months now, 2 roe deer bucks, each more then 30 kg with compound bow in same hunt. Bucks over the 30 kg are rare but two of them in the same hunt.....aargh...
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

DutchHunter74 wrote:I agree with your point Stan, I'm working on "Silent Justice" for almost 2 months now, 2 roe deer bucks, each more then 30 kg with compound bow in same hunt. Bucks over the 30 kg are rare but two of them in the same hunt.....aargh...
Yes, that one took me a long time as well. The old "in the same hunt" problem. Each time I tried it, I seemed to get one over 30kg pretty quickly, and then I would stomp around Hirsch or HEM or VDB for hours looking for another one that qualified. Many times I found a second one that spotted enough to qualify, but then didn't when harvested. I remember letting out a loud Whoop! Yesssss! when I finally completed it.

Zaitzev82
Spotter

Post by Zaitzev82 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:It took me several hunts to complete this mission. Others I know, did it in one attempt. It's just luck of the spawn. I found my Grizzly nearby Goldhorn Pass. He called from about 100 meters away, and since I had no idea he was blonde, I just ran to him, and let him charge me. You literally have to go see each one to find out if they are blonde or not. Unless you get lucky and just come across one that happens to be blonde. Very difficult to track Grizzlies in the sunlight when they get in the grass. That's why it's easier to run to where they called from.

It's best to have your tracking skills at a level that tells you the gender of the call.
So the mission isn't like any other mission in that it spawns the objective in the coordinates given? A forum post written by staff gives the coordinates, but those must be wrong or something.

I run around until I either find tracks or hear it, then I run to it and shoot, preferably before it takes off running. Sometimes I have to chase it for a while before I can land a good shot.

Return to “Missions”