EW please stop doing this for missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: EW please stop doing this for missions

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Zaitzev82 wrote:So the mission isn't like any other mission in that it spawns the objective in the coordinates given? A forum post written by staff gives the coordinates, but those must be wrong or something.
You can recognize those missions by the "(Single Player)" added to their name. Since the final grizzly mission does not include that tag, the animal is not spawned. You just have to find and harvest any animal that meets the requirements - while for the "(Single Player)" missions you will have to harvest a specific animal that gets spawned for the mission.
Image Image Image
Zaitzev82
Spotter

Post by Zaitzev82 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:You can recognize those missions by the "(Single Player)" added to their name. Since the final grizzly mission does not include that tag, the animal is not spawned. You just have to find and harvest any animal that meets the requirements - while for the "(Single Player)" missions you will have to harvest a specific animal that gets spawned for the mission.
Yeah I know about the Single Player requirement, but I didn't know that those without it didn't spawn one. I guess it makes sense since it can be done in multiplayer as well. However that doesn't explain why there were coordinates given (on the forum that is)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Zaitzev82 wrote:Yeah I know about the Single Player requirement, but I didn't know that those without it didn't spawn one. I guess it makes sense since it can be done in multiplayer as well. However that doesn't explain why there were coordinates given (on the forum that is)
Where did you find that post with coordinates? Maybe someone explained where he found his grizzly for the mission, but didn't want to imply that it is spawned there?

Also, since you were talking about a post written by staff: be aware that moderators are not staff - we're just players investing a bit of our free time into managing the forum. Any advice we give is not official and can be wrong.
Image Image Image
Zaitzev82
Spotter

Post by Zaitzev82 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Where did you find that post with coordinates? Maybe someone explained where he found his grizzly for the mission, but didn't want to imply that it is spawned there?

Also, since you were talking about a post written by staff: be aware that moderators are not staff - we're just players investing a bit of our free time into managing the forum. Any advice we give is not official and can be wrong.

Scroll to the bottom of this post http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 63#p861763

And I know the difference between staff and moderators. :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

My bad. I guess it was initially meant as such a "Single Player" mission, but changed later. The post by Alena was made before the winning competition designs were implemented and often some small changes were made.
Image Image Image
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Zaitzev82 wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:It took me several hunts to complete this mission. Others I know, did it in one attempt. It's just luck of the spawn. I found my Grizzly nearby Goldhorn Pass. He called from about 100 meters away, and since I had no idea he was blonde, I just ran to him, and let him charge me. You literally have to go see each one to find out if they are blonde or not. Unless you get lucky and just come across one that happens to be blonde. Very difficult to track Grizzlies in the sunlight when they get in the grass. That's why it's easier to run to where they called from.

It's best to have your tracking skills at a level that tells you the gender of the call.
So the mission isn't like any other mission in that it spawns the objective in the coordinates given? A forum post written by staff gives the coordinates, but those must be wrong or something.

I run around until I either find tracks or hear it, then I run to it and shoot, preferably before it takes off running. Sometimes I have to chase it for a while before I can land a good shot.
I don't believe there are any coordinates given. Do you have a link to that post?

Here is the mission as shown on the Missions tab.

Description

Doc here, looks like luck has deemed me worthy, I captured ‘Stone’! I’ll be bringing him down to the lodge to be picked up by the wardens. By the way, if you didn’t know, there’s a large male blonde grizzly bear roaming the reserve as we speak. That one appeared to be on our poacher’s bounty list, possibly to sell the skin or maybe he thought bigger meant more money. He should be worth a shot, you’ll need something good out of all this!
Objectives

Harvest a male blonde Grizzly Bear with the .454 Revolver.

Edit: I found the post you are referring to. That entire thread was simply an announcement of the winners of the competitions to create missions. Not necessarily how they were published in the final form.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Missions”