Halloween missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: Halloween missions

Post by TheSheWolf »

I'm gonna have to run out there and have a look. I DO stand, I'd swear I was unable to shoot straight down. Maybe it's just a bow thing, though--I don't usually use the rifle up there, but I'll give it a... ready? ...shot. Heh. Hehehe. (Thanks, btw!)

OH MY GOD it doesn't let you aim straight down until you ZOOM IN. I had NO IDEA. I feel completely stupid but enlightened. Thanks both so much :lol:
Bambilinoo
Tracker

Post by Bambilinoo »

I feel really lucky with the Big horn mission in the halloween event.
I have heard that they are hard to hunt and i have never hunted them or seen them.
But now i had to. So i run all the way up the mountain x) Found the railroad track went in a tunnel and in the next tunnel, when i came out, there he was. Right on the track. And i got him :)
Now i only need to finish the last mission so i can go out in to the light again.
Bambilinoo
Tracker

Post by Bambilinoo »

Annnd i am done! :) This feels good! No more darkness! :D
seammer
Tracker

Post by seammer »

Well good grief... shot a tracer into a werewolf and watched it run away through the fog... that was cool...

In spite of stubborn stick to it attitude I'm getting nothing but small bulls IF I see or hear a bull at all.

Any help or suggestions appreciated. Yes, I've read through this thread... STill stuck on 2nd Halloween mission, "A Hunt Towards the East".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TreeKiwi wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:
akforeverlost wrote:What concerns me is the time left. Even at this point, is it possible to finish the mission pack before the 31st? Has anyone finished it?
Spoiler:
After you find your 13-pointer elk, you'll need a charging grizzly from up close in mission 3 (took me some time to find one and make it attack me, but it was much faster than findind that big elk), then missions 4-6 are a piece of cake. Now I'm on mission 7, trying to shoot three wolves with a lung shot! I don't know about the last 3 missions, but the set might still be doable at this moment...
If you want to see all the missions you can watch my video! The second to last mission seems a bit daunting but it's not. 2 yellow (?) pumpkins and a bighorn sheep not shot in the head. Do people want me to put a server up later?? To help out?

Yes, please, if you would and could?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BeachyKeen wrote::x Well over 20+ hours now... Still stuck on the second mission. Also realized that a big part of my issue is that the tracks often just disappear into nothingness, making it super difficult to find one of these VERY RARE animals that I need. Even if I winged it, the blood, the tracks, all traces just... POOF. I think I saw another person on here that shared the same problem. :evil: In any case... You guys enjoy doing this impossible chore; I'm out! :evil: :evil: :evil:

My hunting buddy and I are both experiencing tracks disappearing from map rather quickly. I wonder if this is broad or confined to certain circumstances...

Where is the map with the names of places like "Fred's Last Stand", please?
Last edited by seammer on October 30th, 2017, 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cajunscout
Tracker

Post by Cajunscout »

JUST SHOT MY 3RD WOLF BOTH LUNGS AND IT DID NOT COUNT! Its bad enough that I only see one in two or three hours but then not to count. I am about ready to hang it up.
seammer
Tracker

Post by seammer »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:
akforeverlost wrote:What concerns me is the time left. Even at this point, is it possible to finish the mission pack before the 31st? Has anyone finished it?
Spoiler:
After you find your 13-pointer elk, you'll need a charging grizzly from up close in mission 3 (took me some time to find one and make it attack me, but it was much faster than findind that big elk), then missions 4-6 are a piece of cake. Now I'm on mission 7, trying to shoot three wolves with a lung shot! I don't know about the last 3 missions, but the set might still be doable at this moment...
If you want to see all the missions you can watch my video! The second to last mission seems a bit daunting but it's not. 2 yellow (?) pumpkins and a bighorn sheep not shot in the head. Do people want me to put a server up later?? To help out?

What video where, please?
Cajunscout
Tracker

Post by Cajunscout »

Cajunscout wrote:JUST SHOT MY 3RD WOLF BOTH LUNGS AND IT DID NOT COUNT! Its bad enough that I only see one in two or three hours but then not to count. I am about ready to hang it up.
i am done not enough time left for me to continue, since the hunt did not count and I have three mission after this. It was fun when it started, the 13 point elk hurt me a little but I thought I still had a chance, but now its over, would like to have gotten the shirt because I think it looks very good. maybe next year.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

seammer wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:
Spoiler:

What video where, please?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

seammer wrote:Where is the map with the names of places like "Fred's Last Stand", please?
There's no map with the names as far as I know. You know it's called "Fred's Last Stand" because the name is shown on the screen once you're there. In case you haven't figured out already: it's the "!" at coordinates (rougly): X=-5000 Y=0.
Image Image Image
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Cajunscout wrote:
Cajunscout wrote:JUST SHOT MY 3RD WOLF BOTH LUNGS AND IT DID NOT COUNT! Its bad enough that I only see one in two or three hours but then not to count. I am about ready to hang it up.
i am done not enough time left for me to continue, since the hunt did not count and I have three mission after this. It was fun when it started, the 13 point elk hurt me a little but I thought I still had a chance, but now its over, would like to have gotten the shirt because I think it looks very good. maybe next year.

You have still time... i think missions will be still available after November 1st... i think till Thursday for sure. Not sure but always is some delay in this. Believe me its easy doable. I stuck 2 full days on 2nd mission but than i finish rest in one day... some is pretty easy (find pumpkins or spot Werewolf...) one is with Bear, one is with Bighorn but if you dont need some high points animal is no problem. This wolfs took me some time, but was easy too. Just find dead elk, set treestand or lie down and wait. Make some cofee and wait. They will come. If you have caller and at least treestand its practicly about your patient.
Last edited by Eraser_SK on October 31st, 2017, 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Missions”