Halloween missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Halloween missions

Post by Tanngnjostr »

TheSheWolf wrote:They always run right to my stand, but aye I do call from WITHIN the stand. I can get out, and call, but my stand's location in TgT's current darkness means half the time when I get down I spook animals I didn't know were there :roll:
But that's what I meant: if you're close to a carcass, it should override the attraction of the call once the wolf can see/smell the dead elk. Meaning that even if you called from the stand, it'll run to the carcass and feed. The carcass overrides the attraction of the elk calf caller, just like a scent lure overrides the attraction of a caller, a turkey decoy takes priority over the turkey box caller and a predator decoy over the predator caller.
Image Image Image
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Games open now for anyone that needs help!

It's also being live streamed.

Pw is tk
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
TheSheWolf wrote:They always run right to my stand, but aye I do call from WITHIN the stand. I can get out, and call, but my stand's location in TgT's current darkness means half the time when I get down I spook animals I didn't know were there :roll:
But that's what I meant: if you're close to a carcass, it should override the attraction of the call once the wolf can see/smell the dead elk. Meaning that even if you called from the stand, it'll run to the carcass and feed. The carcass overrides the attraction of the elk calf caller, just like a scent lure overrides the attraction of a caller, a turkey decoy takes priority over the turkey box caller and a predator decoy over the predator caller.
It doesn't for me--sorry for not clarifying, that's what I meant. I put my stand beside where carcasses VERY often spawn, down by the river near Fred's Last... well, Stand. At least, I think that's where it is. Even when carcasses are RIGHT down by my stand, I've never seen a wolf stop at them. It makes hunting them very tricky, but I'm not usually after wolves anyway.

What I generally end up doing is calling, then moving backwards downwind, and hoping I'll have time to get a shot off with the bow--or moving MUCH farther and using the rifle, but population density is so thick there that I am loathe to actually use the rifle much. But stand-hunting for wolves even with carcasses below has never worked for me--they run to the stand, circle so close that I can't shoot, then sniffsniff, flee x)
Bambilinoo
Tracker

Post by Bambilinoo »

Finally!
First hunt of the day and first animal i see!
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Congrats LittleLeeloo :)
Bambilinoo
Tracker

Post by Bambilinoo »

FR_Bugs wrote:Congrats LittleLeeloo :)
Thank you :)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

TheSheWolf wrote: But stand-hunting for wolves even with carcasses below has never worked for me--they run to the stand, circle so close that I can't shoot, then sniffsniff, flee x)
Try this. When they come and stop under your stand (you have to be quick, and it's harder in the dark) stand up, that way you can aim and shoot whatever weapon straight down. You have to be standing up in the stand before it will work.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

?! Whaaat? I can't shoot straight down :( It locks it in at about 20-30 degrees down, max. Is it my tree stand being placed wrong or something? I only have the one, so I never knew that was odd...
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

TheSheWolf wrote:?! Whaaat? I can't shoot straight down :( It locks it in at about 20-30 degrees down, max. Is it my tree stand being placed wrong or something? I only have the one, so I never knew that was odd...
Before you raise the rifle or gun, or draw the bow...stand up. When you raise it, you can aim straight down. Don't shoot your toes off! :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

TheSheWolf wrote:?! Whaaat? I can't shoot straight down :( It locks it in at about 20-30 degrees down, max. Is it my tree stand being placed wrong or something? I only have the one, so I never knew that was odd...
You have to be standing in order for you to be able to shoot straight down :)

Return to “Missions”