Halloween missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Halloween missions

Post by Tanngnjostr »

akforeverlost wrote:What concerns me is the time left. Even at this point, is it possible to finish the mission pack before the 31st? Has anyone finished it?
Spoiler:
After you find your 13-pointer elk, you'll need a charging grizzly from up close in mission 3 (took me some time to find one and make it attack me, but it was much faster than findind that big elk), then missions 4-6 are a piece of cake. Now I'm on mission 7, trying to shoot three wolves with a lung shot! I don't know about the last 3 missions, but the set might still be doable at this moment...
Image Image Image
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
akforeverlost wrote:What concerns me is the time left. Even at this point, is it possible to finish the mission pack before the 31st? Has anyone finished it?
Spoiler:
After you find your 13-pointer elk, you'll need a charging grizzly from up close in mission 3 (took me some time to find one and make it attack me, but it was much faster than findind that big elk), then missions 4-6 are a piece of cake. Now I'm on mission 7, trying to shoot three wolves with a lung shot! I don't know about the last 3 missions, but the set might still be doable at this moment...
If you want to see all the missions you can watch my video! The second to last mission seems a bit daunting but it's not. 2 yellow (?) pumpkins and a bighorn sheep not shot in the head. Do people want me to put a server up later?? To help out?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

stancomputerhunter wrote:After about 6 hunts to find a 13 pt RME, the others were pretty easy until #8 which I'm on now. Simple task. Harvest 3 any gender Grey Wolves with a lung shot. I have spent 5 more hunts and haven't even got one call from a wolf.
Stan, what helps for me is to roam around Fred's Last Stand in the middle of the map (which has been a Grey Wolf hot spot in my limited TGT experience), find a carcass in the area, set up a tripod or tree stand and camp there. Hit the elk calf caller every five minutes until a wolf comes in. Shoot it while it's feeding on the carcass (pretty easy to get the lungs this way), wait a few minutes, rinse and repeat. Got my first two this way and I'm hoping to get the third one in a matter of minutes.
Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Of all the missions the 13pt elk and the 3 wolves with lung are probably the toughest. Then there's the mountain ram which is simple but obviously very far away from all the other missions.
Just be glad we don't have to shoot ptarms- imagine how tough those would be in the dark? ...
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

I used the 10 gauge with slugs to get those wolf lung shots. Made it much easier.
BeachyKeen

Post by BeachyKeen »

:x Well over 20+ hours now... Still stuck on the second mission. Also realized that a big part of my issue is that the tracks often just disappear into nothingness, making it super difficult to find one of these VERY RARE animals that I need. Even if I winged it, the blood, the tracks, all traces just... POOF. I think I saw another person on here that shared the same problem. :evil: In any case... You guys enjoy doing this impossible chore; I'm out! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I have a good spot for wolves, i get into my reestand there, call them in and wait until they are underneath and aim left or right of their centre and get a lungshot using a bow. One 1 lung and they run maybe 50-100m but no problen really. Maybe this will help someone
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

BeachyKeen wrote::x Well over 20+ hours now... Still stuck on the second mission. Also realized that a big part of my issue is that the tracks often just disappear into nothingness, making it super difficult to find one of these VERY RARE animals that I need. Even if I winged it, the blood, the tracks, all traces just... POOF. I think I saw another person on here that shared the same problem. :evil: In any case... You guys enjoy doing this impossible chore; I'm out! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Golden horn Pass.... go up the wooded hill on the left as you look on the map, creep 2/3 of the way up, find a little clear space and put up a treestand. wait 10 mins and then call then in, with abit of patience you will get him and use a bow.... I did so anyone can!!! :D

Careful though it is also teeming with WWolves up there :o
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:After about 6 hunts to find a 13 pt RME, the others were pretty easy until #8 which I'm on now. Simple task. Harvest 3 any gender Grey Wolves with a lung shot. I have spent 5 more hunts and haven't even got one call from a wolf.
Stan, what helps for me is to roam around Fred's Last Stand in the middle of the map (which has been a Grey Wolf hot spot in my limited TGT experience), find a carcass in the area, set up a tripod or tree stand and camp there. Hit the elk calf caller every five minutes until a wolf comes in. Shoot it while it's feeding on the carcass (pretty easy to get the lungs this way), wait a few minutes, rinse and repeat. Got my first two this way and I'm hoping to get the third one in a matter of minutes.
Mine just come straight to my tree stand, sniff, and scent me, then flee.

I found that wandering until I heard a call OR (my entire setup is at Fred's Last Stand) staying near there and calling out in the moonlit field west of the ! on the map, then hiding on a boulder downwind at the field's edge, worked wonders.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

TheSheWolf wrote:Mine just come straight to my tree stand, sniff, and scent me, then flee.
Strange, because it worked like a charm for me. It seems that once they see (or smell?) the carcass, they will ignore the position that the call came from - just like the turkeys do when they see a decoy. I had my tripod 20 meters from the carcass and the animals were all going straight to the dead elk and instantly started feeding on it. Only in one case my tripod was right between the wolf and the carcass - the animal got too close to me and ran away this time.

Only two missions left and number 9 shouldn't be much of a problem. I'm positive about having that trophy and shirt at the end of the event. Seems like the second mission definitely is the bottleneck in this set.
Image Image Image

Return to “Missions”